Does anyone have any extra jewelry making supplies?

This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Xalexia wrote
on Jan 3, 2011 6:25 AM

I wasn't sure where to post this or if I even should post it but here goes. My husband got laid off from work a while ago and we have had no income. We have both been out searching for jobs but no luck, I even tried McDonalds. We have a 10 year old son to worry about so I thought I might start making my own jewelry. But the start up costs are more than what I can do. So I thought I might come here and ask if anyone had any extra jewelry making supplies just sitting around, that they won't be using anymore. I would be forever grateful.
If for some reason I am not allowed to ask this, please feel free to delete my post. I just wasn't sure where else to go with this. I may be able to pay a shipping fee :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jan 4, 2011 7:32 AM

I will look though my stuff this weekend when I am off. I am sure I have some extra goodies to share :)

What kind of beading do you plan on doing? The supplies are little different for each style....

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Xalexia wrote
on Jan 4, 2011 7:44 AM

I am really looking for anything at all, I am flexible on the style as everyone has different taste , so anything you can spare would be greatly appreciated!!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Xalexia wrote
on Jan 16, 2011 8:49 PM

Christina, I got the stuff you sent and I loved it all soooooo much!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping out a stranger.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jan 17, 2011 1:03 AM

No problem :)

Enjoy!

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 27
CynthiaG@26 wrote
on Jan 23, 2011 10:42 AM

I am so deeply sorry to hear of your situation....

I have LOTS of beads, tools and supplies that I can gladly spare...and no worries about the shipping...I can do that too.

If you have any particular wants/needs PLEASE let me know...also please send me a shipping address and I'll begin working on sorting through my stash.

I have quite a few tutorials, instructions and books which you are also welcome to have...let me know if these would be of interest.

With warmest best wishes

Cynthia

Not Ranked
Posts 9
skip.h wrote
on Jul 29, 2011 7:17 PM

I wish I would have seen your post last week, I sold a lot of pieces for scrap. They were all sterling and I would much rather someone got some use out of them. I don't have a lot left, but if you will send me your name and address, I will ship it off to you. I am not one of the artists here, my wife was a silversmith and passed away a few years ago. So a lot of these things I don't even know the name of them. I have 30 or 40 what I think they call barrell screws. 6 or 8 stainless clip on ear rings that you put a stone on or something. A few odd cabs or stones. And a bunch more odd stuff. It's yours if you want it. My wife would enjoy knowing someone got some use out of it. Thanks, Larry

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Xalexia wrote
on Jul 29, 2011 7:28 PM

Oh wow, that would be absolutely wonderful and they will definitely be put to good use!!

Thanks soooo much!!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
skip.h wrote
on Jul 29, 2011 8:13 PM

I am going to send along a few turquoise cabs and stones to help get you started. A few were purchased, but most my wife cut and polished herself. If you are not familiar with turquoise, quite often they have a backing on them (most often black). Turquoise is so expensive now, the backing allows you to use a thinner piece and have it still look good when you mount it. I wish I could remember the name of the stones (which mines they came from) as it would help you when you sell it. I am sending some white mother of pearl, pink mother of pearl and a few odd cabs I have laying around.  Anything else I find between now and Monday, I will throw in the box with it. If you have any questions, just drop me a note and I will try to answer them. The ring in the picture beside my ID is one my wife made for me. Thanks and good luck on your venture. Larry

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Jul 29, 2011 8:31 PM

Skip this is very kind of you and Misty you are very lucky to receive such a nice gift...however I would recommend that both of you not post your personal information such as home and email addresses on a public forum like this.

We do get a lot of spammers here and you wouldn't want these people to know where you live and have access to your email...Just looking out for your safety here!

If you click on a members name or avatar photo it will take you to their personal bio page and you can start a private email conversation from there so that you don't have to post such personal information in the forums!

So you might wish to edit these posts to remove that info!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 101
on Jul 30, 2011 3:56 PM
Hi...... I just was thinking about you. Did you sell any jewerly yet? I was in similar situation many years ago, my heart goes out to you, I have few things I can send you, just let me know where.
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Xalexia wrote
on Jul 30, 2011 4:07 PM

Aww thanks so much, I have sold a few items so far :) I will send you a private message

Not Ranked
Posts 9
skip.h wrote
on Aug 2, 2011 7:45 AM

Misty,

I shipped the package of extras I had yesterday (Monday). You should get them any day now. I hope you enjoy them and get some good use out of them. Thanks, Larry

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 101
on Aug 2, 2011 8:42 AM
XALEXIA, I did not get your message, did you send it yet? and if you did where did you posted?
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Xalexia wrote
on Aug 2, 2011 2:16 PM

Thank you so much Larry, you have no idea how much it means to me!!

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS