So what did everyone get for Christmas?

This post has 35 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on Dec 28, 2010 9:14 AM

Well, we started at the boyfriends dads, got a best buy gift card, then on to moms house... she got me a mini fridge so when I move I can keep the reptile stuff out of the house fridge :) Lots of maternity clothes, some perfume, and jewelry from the boyfriend. Off to the boyfriends moms, she got me a gift card too... Now I have to go shopping :) Plus I got a artbeads.com gift certificate from a very special friend, thank you...

"Dream Big"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on Dec 28, 2010 11:26 AM

Mom and me finally got an overlock sewing machine from my Dad. YAY!

The other things were music, books and clothes. I especially love Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray and The Bag Making Bible by Tina Lam.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,834
KipperCat wrote
on Dec 28, 2010 12:48 PM

A warm, soft cardigan from my sister, an Ott Light from DH, candy, pashmina shawl, soup mix, cat toys, a knick-knack, a polymer clay seahorse pendant.  We had a wonderful day with 6 local friends.  Between us, we have only 1 family member in the area, so we all usually spend Thanksgiving and Christmas together.  Of course, my friend's mother is part of the group.  Then I came home and had a lovely telephone chat with brothers, sisters, sister-in-law & nieces.  It was a wonderful day. :)  This weekend we'll see DH's cousin, and his kids & grandkids.  I enjoy them all, and get to see children enjoying Christmas, so it's always a great time.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Dec 31, 2010 11:26 AM

Sounds like everyone has gotten some nice things!

Number one gift was hubby coming home for the holidays (hence my absence from the forums).  He really surprised me this year:  there were some nice shirts and my annual watch, but the kickers were a really nice light box setup with backdrops, lights, tripods & carry case, and a beginner lampworking kit with glass rods, torch head, tools and a few other things.  I about fell out of my chair-that's the LAST thing I would expect him to buy me!  Now I just need a work space in the garage to set it up.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Dec 31, 2010 1:55 PM

I got $50.00 from my Mom and that was it. This year was a bad year due to fighting with SSA for Pam's disability. We were broke so Pam made clothes for the kids and some jewelry. I don't really care about presents anymore. I mean, I'm old and have everything that I need and some of what I want, ya know. Christmas is like, for the kids, ya know. They got a ton of stuff and were very happy, so that made me happy. If you look at the pic Pam posted, Jalyn is the one on the right and she is my eyeballs. When you look into her eyes, you can see that she has the wisdom of an old sage. I hope that I am around when she turns 13 so I can teach her some of the "old ways" as it were. I only had 2 years with my Grandma, so I didn't get the full training, but I am hoping that I can teach her. Kyleigh Is a very cool child, but she doesn't have the "Glow" like Jalyn does.

We ate, and ate, and ate, and ate, and ate, and ate some more. I'll bet that I put on at least 5-10 pounds. *laughz* To me, Christmas is celebrating the kids, the adults either don't want or need anything, ya know. Mom gives everyone cash so they can get what they want, ya know. She's on a fixed income like we are and don't need to give away cash, but it makes her happy, so we accept gracefully and let it go. It makes her happy, so who am I to argue, ya know.

I don't worry about the holidays, because it is about family and friends and fellowship. Who needs presents when you have all of that love, ya know. That's worth more than alll of th gold in the world in my book.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,114
Sherri S. wrote
on Dec 31, 2010 8:17 PM

DH got me a set of professional tabletop photography lights to photograph items for sale in my Etsy and Artfire shops. My officemate gave me a $25 gift certificate for dinner at Chili's Restaurant, a hint to DH that he needs to take me out to dinner more often. Not much to choose from in my little town, he'll have to drive me to the city to take me to Chili's.

I bought myself several pairs of "vintage" silver earrings on Etsy, which are probably more like "pre-owned" than vintage. That's okay, I loved them so much I couldn't resist and got them for my Christmas present to myself. We really didn't get much into gifts this year. DH always tells me that all he wants for Christmas is his two front teeth, and he makes me return anything I get him that he doesn't like. This year he got underwear and a pair of fleece tights to keep him warm ice fishing. He's so hard to buy for! But he's so good at choosing gifts for me - I love those photography lights! Don't even have to use my light tent and I can use them at night!

Sherri S.

Check out my Etsy Store......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6321824

Check out my Etsy Beads Store.......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7141344

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Jan 1, 2011 9:06 AM

Billy Z:
I don't worry about the holidays, because it is about family and friends and fellowship. Who needs presents when you have all of that love, ya know. That's worth more than alll of th gold in the world in my book. Billy ;o)
The best gift I've ever received, ever, for any reason holiday or occasion or not, is your love Billy.  It's a gift beyond words of thanks or any amount of gratitude.  I love you too. 

Pam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 298
Xoko wrote
on Jan 1, 2011 10:19 AM

I got my FMG order. I was quite pleased, i did not expect my mother to buy it, as she is very disapproving of spending tons of moolah on beads, but she caved. (do remember, I'm thirteen.) the order had maybe 20 tubes of delicas and other necessities, and i was overjoyed! Big Smile

Happy New Years to you all!

Cheers!

Cool

Sean

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Jan 2, 2011 4:37 AM

That's good Sean!  Good for both of you.  Maybe she realizes that talent has to be supported or it will never develop.  

Pam 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 298
Xoko wrote
on Jan 2, 2011 12:30 PM

Lol Pam, It was the 160$ price tag that scared her off, she does support me.Stick out tongue

Sean

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 554
CryssT wrote
on Jan 2, 2011 4:07 PM

a $160 in beads is cheap as compared to shoes, PSP,  xbox or anything else. 

glad you got what you would use - post some pics soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Jan 3, 2011 6:04 AM

Sean, of course you're going to make her something really, really, really nice...yes? 

Pam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 298
Xoko wrote
on Jan 4, 2011 2:23 PM

I definitely will use them, CryssT! I'll try to get some pics, but im already involved in a project using some of them. Of, Pam, I'm working on something for her right now. 

Cheers! Off to take some pics!

Cool

Sean

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 4, 2011 5:21 PM

DH got me a "Singer Feather Weight Sewing Machine 1955 model" weight 3lbs. It came with case and a bunch of attachements (orginal book) Now I can sew his demin geans with it. It is handy to go to Quilting groups for "sit and sew"I got DH a Set of Seat Covers for his Saturn Vue.

Friends  exchanged gifts here in Deming,NM too numerous to list. (and family sent gift cards to eat out)

I did my usual adopt a family, with four girls( I have four girls)It was fun. I did it thru a church, so they don't have a clue where it all came from.(my graditute bank in action)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Jan 4, 2011 8:01 PM

Gyspy Mary:

DH got me a "Singer Feather Weight Sewing Machine 1955 model" weight 3lbs. It came with case and a bunch of attachements (orginal book) Now I can sew his demin geans with it. It is handy to go to Quilting groups for "sit and sew"I got DH a Set of Seat Covers for his Saturn Vue.

I have a little 1947 Singer Feather Weight! :) They're so cute and they hold up like iron! MIne weighs more than 3lbs... probably more like 6lbs. LIke yours, mine has all the original parts too. I had it re-furbed about 10 years ago, which mainly only consisted of a good cleaning by a technician. Other than that, it works like the day my grandmother bought it 64 years ago :)  The old saying "The just don't make them like they used to" is SO true. :)

Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS