So what did everyone get for Christmas?

This post has 35 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 256
blueflute wrote
on Dec 26, 2010 10:20 AM

I got a new microwave, a scroll saw, an electric throw to keep my legs warm while beading.................and a gift certificate to Fire Mountain Gems Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Dec 26, 2010 11:12 AM

Yay yummy gifts! I specially love the FMG gc you got, but like you, we needed a new microwave and MIL gave us one.

From SIL: I got 2 brown jackets (a leather one and a corduroy), a pair of jeans, 6 beading books (2 are diane fitzgerald), ebay gift certificate, and our family photo calendar (she does that every year)... and 5 musical show tickets (9 to 5, Mary Poppins, Next to Normal, Rock of Ages, and Young Frankenstein)

From MIL: microwave, $$$ (looking forward to do some bead shopping today), a beading book (1,000 jewelry inspirations), embroidery and beading magazine subscriptions, stamping jewelry tools (everything to keep me started, we had a special trip to Harbour Freight for these items... LOL)

From DH: 1.5 TB external drive, 2 metal stamping sets, Hobby Lobby gift card, a bunch of beady related stuffs (wires, nylon threads, seeds & pearls), a boxful of vintage/antique jewelries (that we both picked from ebay... LOL)

From other family members: assortment of household goodies & food (like tea, jams, chocs, etc.) , $$$ (for beads as well... LOL), walmart gift card.

From a dear fellow BD member: she surprised me with an ArtBeads gift certificate. Thank you sooooo much again my dear.:) You know who you are!:)

Whew!!! LOL Me and DH try to give as much (or more) as what we recieve.:) To god be the glory!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 478
Calico3 wrote
on Dec 26, 2010 11:43 AM

From my DH - I got an absolutely beautiful round wall mirror that has a frame of concentric circles of inlaid exotic woods, an art glass type perfume bottle that I'll probably never put perfume in but it's purple and I love it, a pair of earrings from a designer-company named Firefly (I told him the store and the name of the collection, but he picked the earrings), and Loreena Mckennitt's new cd.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 26, 2010 12:18 PM

From DS1 I got a gift card to Home Depot, He knows me LOL DS2 I fot a gift card to a Resturant, from DH I received the drill press and thhe flex shaft for my Dremel, From my grandson I received some candy and a DVD he made of all my treasured pictures of the family, and some of my favorite music.  Grand daughter and her family won't be here till tomorrow.

We don't exchange with the extended family anymore, there are just too many of them. When my family was younger, we would always draw names with the extended family, but we don't anymore now that they are all grown. We all give money to Mom to pay for her life allert button. It makes everyone feel better about allowing her live alone at 92. She doesn't want to live with anyone, and she is comfortable living in her own  home, and doesn't want to move to a assisted living home.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Dec 26, 2010 2:02 PM

From my Boyfriend: Lindstrom pliers (OMG!) a Kindle (OMGx2), a remote control to work on his xbox (so I can watch Netflix on the tv without having to figure out his game controller lol), 2 bird books (the birds of the Pacific Northwest and a complete guide to North America's birds), a hello kitty messenger bag with matching wallet and calculator, hello kitty 2011 day planner, hello kitty christmas stocking and tree ornament.

From Sydney (kris kringle swap) my Awesome necklace, brass charms, findings, czech glass beads, candy and the most wonderful smelling shampoo and conditioner.

I have been really busy with my new pliers, beads and the Kindle. When my hands get too tired from beading, I read and reading is much easier without having to hold a book open (I get bad cramps in my hands if I hold a normal book for very long)

The Kindle was supposed to be for our anniversary (4 years on January 2nd) but he felt bad seeing me upset over the beads and frustrated with the books so he gave it to me early (he gave me the pliers early too lol)

I am NOT ready to go back to work tomorrow. I have been off for 4 days and I want to stay home and play lol!

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Dec 26, 2010 2:46 PM

From DH- the new Ed Hardy perfume which is heavenly! A new black leather Dooney bag, boots, coat (I've been wearing the same one for years and even though I love it, I thought it was time for a new one) new slippers (the other ones I've had were in part due to my slip down the steps), two books and other  various items.

No beady items from Hubby this year :( but I actually don't expect that he will ever be much into buying that type of stuff for me.

From one of our drivers I got a gc for my coffee at White Castle and a new phone case.

My daughter Madison made a picture of my husband and I - she drew it with pencil and framed it. It was a picture of our wedding when we were entering the reception holding hands. So sweet :)  

A GC from a beady from here on the forums and you know who you are :)

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Dec 26, 2010 2:51 PM

Zerenity by Inca:

nothing

Yes you did, check your Yahoo mail.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 549
CryssT wrote
on Dec 26, 2010 3:35 PM

Quiet Christmas for the adults.  But my good friend gave me beading scissors with a beaded fob on it and she made the case for it of ultra suede with size 11 picotes all around the edge and Lapis Lazuli toggle.  Now if i can convince my DH i would rather have beads than jewelry.

Grandkids made a haul, as they should.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Dec 26, 2010 4:32 PM

Cat_P:

Zerenity by Inca:

nothing

and you wonder why i call you a saint =)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Dec 26, 2010 6:01 PM

Zerenity by Inca:

Cat_P:

Zerenity by Inca:

nothing

and you wonder why i call you a saint =)

still no saint though Wink

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Dec 26, 2010 9:04 PM

Cat_P:
still no saint though Wink
Well your very close =)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Dec 27, 2010 9:37 PM

I supplied my own christmas gifts this year. LOL.

I started a new job last May, and I was doing much better in the position than I ever realized apparently because the CEO arrived on my doorstep with 4 other executives, a megaphone and an electric guitar and sang christmas carols in my front yard and presented me with a really really really nice bonus!! (our execs should stick to banking and lending though, because they will NEVER be rock stars... no matter how much they want to be! LOL)

So I FINALLY got a new laptop!!! To replace the two that were stolen last summer. That is what I'm most excited about. :D  And, since all my winter shoes are falling apart, I splurged and bought TWO new pair of boots. Yea! Feeding the shoe fetish always makes a girl happy.

My boyfriend's brother presented me with a giant bottle of Grey Goose vodka (which will take me 5+ years to drink I'm sure. lol) but that was more a thank you for picking him up and taking him to family functions over the last 3 years, which he missed in previous years because he lives downtown and doesn't drive.

Christmas isn't a gift giving time for my family really... we never really have engaged in Christmas the way most people do, and oddly, I've always been totally ok with that. we have always preferred to eat our way through the holidays, and leave it at that. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Dec 28, 2010 7:03 AM

Some cookies from my Mom plus six tubs of Burt's Bees stuff and a cranberry bread mix, a batch of fudge from Billy's Mom and $20.00 from Billy's Mom.  It was a great Christmas full of love and fun.  (It ain't the presents that count...)  I made clothes for the baby and the two little girls in Billy's family plus a little bit of jewelry for them, memory wire bracelets and a couple of cat's eye hearts on sterling silver.  That was my best present of all...look...I didn't get a good one of the baby, Leiden.  These are the girls, Kyleigh and Jaylin, three years old...

Pam

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Dec 28, 2010 8:23 AM

My husband's family is not into exchanging gifts with each other.  We all go in together and get the names and needs of a needy family through our church each year and provide clothes, coats & toys for the children, a new outfit for the parents, some gift cards (Target or Kohl's as well as grocery gift cards).  Then it is all delivered anonymously through the church.  I think in total the church supports about 25 families each Christmas.  Most people just choose 1 or 2 gifts off of the request board rather than a whole family, but we have been doing this as a family for several years now.  I have so much fun shopping for the kids - we always request a family with several kids.  We shop the sales (50% off kids coats etc.) and it ends up averaging out to about $150 from each of us - what we would have spent on each other - getting things we don't really need!!

Later on Chrismas Day my hubby and I go over to my best friend's family for "my family" Christmas with her parents, siblings, kids, grandkids, 5 dogs running around and 10 different conversations going on at one time while some folks are around the piano singing and others are working hard on the yearly Christmas jigsaw puzzle - lots of fun and chaos.  They have been my "adopted" family for 40+ years.  We all exchange small gifts, many of them handmade - of course all the females get jewelry from me -  and it means more to me than any expensive gifts I could receive.  Family and friends are the very best gifts!!

Ricki

Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS