colored copper wire question

This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 146
on Dec 1, 2010 2:56 PM

Where can I find the best colored copper wire?  Has anyone used the Zebra Wire from Fire Mountain.  I'd like to give the colored wire wrapping a try and not sure where to begin.  What about the Artistic colored wire sold by Beadalon?  In advance, thanks for your help.

Chris   

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on Dec 1, 2010 3:02 PM

I usually buy the colored stuff from Michaels for 2.99 a pack, but it scratches real easy, so I dont think that is what your looking for :)

"Dream Big"

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Dec 1, 2010 7:51 PM

The only one I've used is BelloModo's, and I like it just fine.  It didn't scratch at all with regular working.  Also, BelloModo has free shipping.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Dec 1, 2010 9:20 PM

I think the color can come off any of them if you're not careful.  That's just the way colored wire is.  I've had really good luck with Parawire, and it comes in a zillion colors, gauges & shapes.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 146
on Dec 2, 2010 5:54 AM

Thanks for all your advice.  I appreciate it.

Chris

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Dec 2, 2010 7:58 PM

If you want a chance to win some wire, Andrew Thornton is giving some away on his blog this week.  All you have to do is leave a comment for the "Thursday Giveaway" thread and you're entered.  Apparently it's new wire from Soft Flex which he says is supposed to take a beating fairly well.  I haven't tried it myself, but for a chance to try it for free, why not enter?

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 156
Leigh@18 wrote
on Dec 3, 2010 4:57 AM

I have ordered the Zebra Wire from Fire Mountain and it is okay but I am not a fan. I have tried out the various brands of colored copper wire and have come to find that I like Parawire the best. That being said I order straight from Parawire. Their prices are fantastic and I like the temper of Parawire better than the other colored copper wires. Shipping is reasonable if you are buying more than one spool. Here is the link to their website: http://www.parawire.com/craftstore.html

Leigh

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 146
on Dec 3, 2010 6:16 AM

Thanks, perfect timing! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Dec 4, 2010 8:24 AM

The other cool thing about Parawire is sometimes they have Ebay auctions for odd lots of wire that may have slight imperfections or for partial spools.  I won an auction and got a whole box full of wire in tons of different colors & gauges to play with.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 146
on Dec 4, 2010 5:39 PM

Wow!  That is a real find!  Good for you!  I'm going to give Parawire a try.  It'll make a nice Christmas gift suggestion.  Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Diana_K wrote
on Dec 23, 2010 5:26 PM

I found some great colored wire on Etsy, by UnKamenSupplies.

:)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS