TIps for a Baby???

This post has 31 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on Nov 30, 2010 11:43 AM

Well... I have recently found out that I am pregnant. As of yesterday Im only 9 weeks, but Im pretty freaked out about the whole situation. The boyfriend is super excited and has put the house hunting into high gear.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips about pregnancy, epiderals, labor, anything???

Thanks, Ann

"Dream Big"

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Nov 30, 2010 11:54 AM

Congratulations & the best thing to do is to not freak outSurprise  I'm sure you will get lots of wonderful advice from everyone.  Have fun & enjoy your pregnancy!

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Nov 30, 2010 2:55 PM

As Melinda said you'll receive tons of advice from EVERYONE so I'm just going to say, Do what you feel is best for you throughout the pregnancy! Oh but definitely sleep when you feel the need if you can!

Congratulations!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Nov 30, 2010 3:18 PM

Congrats, Ann! Big Smile

Only thing I can think about is not lifting heavy things later on. Maybe that could be important for your job.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Nov 30, 2010 4:31 PM

congratulations!!! lets seee.... stay active, that will make everything easier... give in to reasaonable cravings, you have them for a reason.... take your prenatal vitamins at night to avoid them making you sick.... eat dry cereal like cheerios or frosted mini wheats for extra iroon..... eat as healthy as you can... small meals often can help with morning sickness

and yes, sleep when you feel the need!

hmmm... what else do i wish i had known last year....

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Nov 30, 2010 4:54 PM

Ann, Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't give you any tips because unfortunately I have not had any children...but I am sure that the freaked out will, in time, wear off into the "happy glow"!!!

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Nov 30, 2010 5:09 PM

Big Smile Congrats to you and your BF Ann! Big Smile I'm sure more wonderful advices & tips will be posted.:)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Nov 30, 2010 5:21 PM

DON'T pay attention to other people's horror stories!  The majority of pregnancies are perfectly normal and chances are yours will be too.Big Smile

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Dec 1, 2010 1:06 AM

I don't have any personal mom advice (only fur-babies here)

But congrats!

I do know that it can be scary when they are not planned (my niece freaked out when she found out she was going to be a mom. Shes fine now but she was really scared)

As a great-auntie I can tell you that sleep is your friend get it while you can (I watch the baby when I visit so Angie can sleep lol. Baby is 18 months old now and ACTIVE LOL)

They are totally hilarious when they start talking (you do have to watch what you say, they say it lol)

Hope that helps a little....

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Dec 1, 2010 5:13 AM

Sweet Ann, congratulations!  Though I'm not the expert, I've only had one baby, I can say that I agree with everyone's advice so far and that when you think about it, we all got here the same way, almost all of us safely.  The only thing I would add is to make sure you get good prenatal care, then if you have any problems they can be taken care of.  I hope everything goes well for you and the baby. 

Well, there is one more thing.  The pregnancy is just the beginning.  Even labor and delivery are preliminary.  The real thing is raising a child.  It's an incredible experience no matter what. 

Pam

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Dec 1, 2010 7:41 AM

JSmaz:

DON'T pay attention to other people's horror stories!  The majority of pregnancies are perfectly normal and chances are yours will be too.Big Smile

I second Jenny's advice here... don't listen to other people's horror stories (and the pregnancy and parenting books are full of them! Avoid! Avoid! LOL) Trust your instincts; they're good, relax, enjoy, and congratulations!

(here's a good story, I gave birth to my daughter, 23 years ago this coming Friday and did it in 20 minutes flat! That was after doctors telling me over and over that I'd need a c-section because I barely weighed 105lbs fully pregnant... I ignored 'em... NO one was gonna tell me it was going to tell me I was going to have a hard time. 7lb kid, no sweat LOL)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 122
amy_sev wrote
on Dec 1, 2010 2:44 PM

Ann!  Congratulations!!!!  Just to echo everyone's sentiments - you WILL get tons of advice.  Learn what you can (there's lots of reading material out there - the What to Expect books are great) and do what feels right.  A mommy knows!

Best,
Amy

http://amybeads.blogspot.com

http://amybeads.etsy.com

Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Dec 1, 2010 9:38 PM

20 MINUTES??  I am green with envy.  Everyone should be so lucky!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Dec 2, 2010 5:47 AM

Nicole, LOL...WOW!!!!!!!  It only took my daughter 4 hours to be born.  Nothing at all really.  Too bad I didn't have more, I would have loved that :)  That's life I guess...

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on Dec 2, 2010 6:01 AM

Thanks everyone :) I am just trying to stay calm at this point. The nausea is horrible Geeked

"Dream Big"

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS