Help finding an old pattern-Christmas Bell

This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Nov 29, 2010 6:57 PM

Hi all,

This is an old Christmas bell that my MIL made. She has passed away, and I would love to re-work it with fresh beads. Some of the gold ones have lost their color. Anyone have a pattern that is like or close to this?

Thanks so much,

Shirley

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Beadbug333 wrote
on Nov 29, 2010 7:08 PM

Shirley,

I don't have a pattern, sorry. However, if someone does have one can they post it. I have a family member that luvs bells and this would be a great Christmas gift.

Thanks Tracy

In The Weeds With Beads

"Bitten by the Beadbug"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Nov 29, 2010 7:35 PM

I haven't seen a pattern, but it looks like it's right angle weave with progressively larger/longer beads.  It looks to me like the gold beads are added on after the base is completed.

It's really neat-I could see doing this in many different types of beads.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Nov 30, 2010 3:40 AM

I agree with Jeni, that looks like right angle weave, etc. 

Just a quick look here http://www.beadjewelrymaking.com/browse_all.html and I didn't find it but that doesn't mean it isn't there.  It could be, there are a ton of great projects on her site. 

She might even help find a pattern for it if she doesn't have it. 

Pam

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Nov 30, 2010 5:37 AM

Jeni and Pam, I think you are right. After you posted that Jeni, I took a very close look at the threads. It does seem as if the gold beads were added after the pattern.  This was stored in a box with a red candle, and some of the red seems to have colored the "pearls". So, anyone have a good supplier for pearls, let me know. I would like to do it in the same style. I'm thinking now after checking out all the beads, that it would be better to just try to make another, rather than salvage this one. Pam, if you're interested, I could meet you and let you look at it person. 

Thanks again!

Shirley

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Nov 30, 2010 6:06 AM

Ok, found some really cool old patterns while I was searching. Thought I'd share.

http://joycescraftsupplies.com/joycescraftsupplies/id48.html

There are a couple on here that look very close, so I'm going to try them. I'll post pics when I finish.

Shirley

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Dec 1, 2010 5:24 AM

That does sound like fun Shirley.  You're at the beach right?  I'll email you...

Great link!!!

Pam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 299
pollydoodle2 wrote
on Dec 1, 2010 12:44 PM

thanks so much for this website. Lots of neat things. :) Love your bell too.

VIcki

Not Ranked
Posts 1
JennieG wrote
on Jul 18, 2011 3:19 PM

I know this is 1/2 year after the original request, but I recognize the bell.  It is on the back cover of a beading leaflet I carried in my (now-closed) shop back in the 1990s.   If I can find a pic of the book and the exact title, I'll reply again.   If you would still like to know, that is!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Jul 18, 2011 5:29 PM

That would be awesome!!!

Thanks so much!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Ella Mooring wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 8:36 AM

I have this pattern or something pretty close to it.

My e-mail address is ellamooring@nc.rr.com

If you want it, let me know.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 514
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 7:22 PM

That's actually quite lovely, if you can find a pattern for it, please let me know? I'd love to make a few of them, also.

Thank you, TC

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS