Welcome and thanks for your input on Step by Step Wire Jewelry!

This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 24
ForumModerator
on Nov 14, 2008 6:15 AM

Hi Livewire,

So glad you like the issue! I didn't want to give away the details on our future projects (because, ultimately, that spoils the surprise!), but I knew we were going to have a lot of things for intermediate-to-advanced wireworkers coming up.

Again, to those wireworkers out there, please submit your projects for consideration. We're always looking for more advanced pieces!

Have a nice weekend!

-Sara

Assistant Editor

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 62
on Nov 16, 2008 8:02 AM

I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet!!   [:'(]   I'm VERY excited and can't wait to get my hands on it!

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, either way-you are right."  --Henry Ford

www.SquareEffects.com
www.SquareEffects.etsy.com
www.Cafepress.com/SquareEffects

www.icraft.ca/squareeffects

Not Ranked
Posts 2
MrsMagooty wrote
on Dec 1, 2008 11:54 AM

Hi Square!

Don't know if you'll spot this as you put this up a while ago, but just wanted to say hello and that I'm also looking for viking knit instructions!

Sarah a.k.a Mrs Magooty (proud member of etsybead team)

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Chakeeras wrote
on Jan 18, 2009 3:54 PM

Hello,

I would like to see some woven bracelets, the ones you have to use a clamp to make them.. I do not know what they are called, but any who.. that's what I would like to see!  Geeked.  (There was a product review in a past issue about the tool used to make the bracelets, I think is by Cool Tool Chic).

Thank you much,

Valeria ;)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jan 18, 2009 4:30 PM

Valerie - I bought a kit at Hobby Lobby for like $8 that had the clamp and some precut wire with instructions. I really bought it for the instructions. They were detailed and I did the woven bracelet quite easily. Now that I know what I am doing, and I have the clamp, I am going to try more with my own wire. The instructions also have some different options.

So if there is a Hobby Lobby near you, you might check it out. At the HL near me, they are located by the chain maille kits.

Now that I have found this, I would love some more details about different weaves as well. At the craft shows that I go to, there is nothing like this. So this might be that something different I was looking for.

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Chakeeras wrote
on Jan 18, 2009 4:44 PM

Hey Sheila,

Thank  you for the suggestion. No Hobby Lobby near by, there is a Michael's but have not seen anything like it there. Do you have the name of the kit, I can probably check online for it I guess.. but it'd be great to see it in the mag!! Since I'm a subscriber I wouldn't have to spend any extra on it!! Hmm [Que coda soy!! <-- losely translated --> What a tightwad I am!!(?maybe?)]

ValeriA  Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,269
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 18, 2009 5:01 PM

VL that's me. mrs. tightwad. Big Smile but i think because of that i am able to think outside the box. i am able to see things other than what they were intended to be. does that make sense? i have turned spoons into pendents and earrings into necklaces and so on.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Feb 25, 2009 10:43 PM

Hi Sara,

I have tried to get a free trial issue of the magazine step by step wire jewelry.  Although I have NEVER  received a copy of the trial issue......you folks sent me a bill saying "now that you have received your trial issue how about subscribing? and pay this amount"

I repeat I have never received the trial issue.......so how would I determine that I would like to subscribe for the magazine.

Evelyn Smith P.O. Box 170, Petrolia, California, 95558.....humcountry@yahoo.com

Not Ranked
Posts 24
ForumModerator
on Mar 6, 2009 10:06 AM

Hi Evelyn,

So sorry to hear about your problem. I will forward this to Customer Service. If you don't hear from them soon, please e-mail customerservice@interweave.com.

We hope you do end up subscribing with us, once this matter is cleared up.

Thank you,

Sara

Not Ranked
Posts 24
ForumModerator
on Mar 6, 2009 10:14 AM

Hi Valeria,

We'd love to have a project using that, too. (By the way, the article you're referencing was in the "New Tools" feature by Ronna Sarvas Weltman, in Summer Preview 2008.) 

So everyone out there, if you use the wire weaving jig by Cindy Moore (aka The Cool Tool Chick), send us some photos of a project you used with it. We rely on your submissions to bring you more diverse content and different skills.

Submit any project ideas or photos to sbswire@interweave.com.

Thanks for your interest!

-Sara

Assistant Editor

Step by Step Wire Jewelry

Not Ranked
Posts 5
seeteshsnv wrote
on May 17, 2012 7:03 AM

Wire jewelry is jewelry made with wire component such as jump ring, beading wire,head pins,eye pins and beads with wrapped or simple wire loops.Wire jewelry consist of wire component.....

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS