Last Call For Kris Kringle... December 1st mailing due date

This post has 79 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Oct 3, 2010 11:09 PM

This is the last call for Kris Kringle... sign-up is extended 'til October 6th (11:59PM). I will email the partner's info of the confirm participants on October 7th.

So far, the people who signed-up are below... if for some reason you wanna back-out, please do let me know soonest. I know how life goes, I myself is in a busy mode ATM:)

• Sydney
  • AnnM
  • Mary Berg
  • Christina
  • Yeli
  • Jeni
  • Lina
  • Lody
  • Moira
  • Sheila H
  • Inca
  • Karenra
  • Shawna
  • Ruth
  • Erin
  • Cat

For those who haven't email their addresses, please do so.:) Thanks!

Rules of the swap is on this post: http://www.beadingdaily.com/forums/p/7639/76763.aspx#76763

This swap is kinda similar to Birthday Swap... reveal on this post: http://www.beadingdaily.com/forums/t/8830.aspx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 774
yeli wrote
on Oct 4, 2010 6:01 AM

Lody, shall we post cetain preferences like color, etc in our bios?  Cause I cannot eat sweets of any kind, and would just want my mark to know about it.  Just in case :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Oct 4, 2010 6:41 AM

Good morning Yeli,

Yes, please update your profile for color preference (should you have any), a wishlist... and mention that you're not into sweets as well. I will also remind your mark about it.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Oct 4, 2010 9:28 AM

I'm still in Lody. :)

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Oct 4, 2010 10:05 AM

I'm still in also. It will give me something to think about and ponder for a few weeks while I am getting all my sewing done for the craft show. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Oct 4, 2010 10:06 AM

I signed up but my name is not on your list Lody.

I'm still in.

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 774
yeli wrote
on Oct 4, 2010 11:34 AM

Oh... just in case.  I am still in!  :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Oct 4, 2010 4:43 PM

Thanks ladies! Added you in the list Christina.:)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Oct 4, 2010 5:03 PM

you forgot me ????

I signed up for both your precent swaps like months ago

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Karenra wrote
on Oct 4, 2010 5:39 PM

I would like to join in if possible.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Oct 5, 2010 7:14 AM

My craft life lately is in chaos, that's why I had to open a new thread for this swap... LOL Sorry about that! You're in my master list (in my file) Inca.:)

Thanks for joining Karen... added you in the list too! Can you please email you address Karen? Thanks.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
Shawna18 wrote
on Oct 5, 2010 8:12 PM

Ok i've seen this swap mentioned in passing several times so when i saw this thread title i thought maybe i'd go sign up, but then i went over to the linked thread to read the rules and was totally blown away with the posts rule. I know a lot of us do in fact post most days of the week, but many of us who have been dubbed 'regulars' don't always get here that often. I myself don't frequent here nearly as much as i did b4 i got a job and all, so i totally don't qualify by your guidlines, which sorta hurts, tho i guess with my infrequency of doing much here the past several months it is deserved, but I mean you seriously want ppl to post 7 times a week if they don't have over 500 posts, wow. I'm sorry but i can't say i can do that. I'm online when i can be and i usually only post when i really want my voice to be heard, not to just have a short sentence saying i agree with the 100 ppl who posted b4 me. Quality over quanity perhaps. I have been in on most all of the swaps here b4 this one, for over a year now. (somehow i can nvr catch the necklace signups till im a day or few late :P)  Yet i don't qualify for this one swap. But its ok, thats how you run this one, i respect that. Sorry for my rant, that post rule just really floored me is all, so i added my 2cents :P

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 363
Ruth. wrote
on Oct 5, 2010 8:27 PM

I would like to join the KK swap too, but at the moment I am a little under 190 and I feel like I am posting all the time. I check BD daily sometimes multiple times and am still not there.  I can understand why the rules are in place, but that means I can't join as well :(

Shippensburg Pennsylvania - about 30 minutes from Gettysburg

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Oct 6, 2010 3:52 AM

No worries Shawna, I understand your rant... and sorry if I hurt your feelings with the rules provided. I know how real life goes - it's not as if we have all the time to get online or do crafts anytime we want.

If you want to join, you're more than welcome. I would be happy to add you. Karenra has less than 300 posts but she expressed her interest to join the swap so I added her.

I INTENTIONALLY made the rules more strict (again, sorry for that!) than other on-going swaps here due to reasons below.

• I had been into lots of swaps (though in the stitching e-world we refer to it as "worldwide exchanges") in the past few years before I even joined BD and our rules are way way way more strict than what I wrote in here. But then again, most of those swaps were counted thread embroidery so maybe it really had to be really strict due to the amount of work involve. Plus they're from private groups... not public forums as BD so we practically know the ins & outs of each member.
  • I was extremely active here at BD when the initial rules were posted, in fact I asked for other's opinions... and when I did some of the collage pages I noticed that some of the swap organizers had to do more 2 items coz some participants didn't comply... i.e. they got an item from their mark, but they never sent anything to their partner. In the end, the organizer HAS to make and send something to the person who never received anything. For the bracelet swap, I've seen Lois made few bracelets because of the above reason - bless her heart for doing that! Unfortunately, I don't have extra money nor lots of time to do the same. I think another organizer experienced the same thing - somebody signed-up for the exchange, but disappeared after receiving an item without sending anything in return... no emails, etc... Again, I know that real life kicks in and something could happen along the way before the swap. 
  • Aside from a handmade item, this swap also involves extra gift... $10 may not worth that much to others but to me it is and I can't deal with few $10 just because somebody decided not send anything to her partner. If 1 or more participants won't be able to comply,  I know for a fact that as the organizer, I'll have to send something to their partners... I gotta deal with the handmade item, at least $10 worth of gift/stash, and shipping. Again, sorry if I'm playing safe, but I don't have a job and I have to consider the worst case scenario.
  • I think by making the rules more strict, the participants who didn't comply in the other swaps will REALLY REALLY REALLY think twice before they'll try to sign-up on this one.

"3. Members with less than 300 posts must post in the forum at least 7 times a week, not only in the Readers Showcase but also on Bead Chat, Non-Beading Discussion, etc. Unless there's an emergency of course... make sure to let the coordinator know what's going on! Members with 500+ posts are considered regulars and don't have to post as much."

Over-all, I just wanna have a beady related swap for pure fun, that comes with responsibility... and get creative! I have/had no intention to hurt anybody's feelings with the strict rules.

Lastly, I'll conclude that I won't repeat this Kris Kringle again (this will be my first and last) and I'll just finish the remaining year round of birthday swaps as well... I'm sure somebody could do better than me and can come up with MORE ACCEPTABLE RULES. 

Sorry again!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Oct 6, 2010 3:56 AM

BTW everybody, is Mary ok? I sent her an email but never got a response. I hope everything's alright from your end Mary.

Page 1 of 6 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS