Exchange and Swap Section in the Forums??

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
on Sep 20, 2010 6:58 AM

Hi, I'm relatively new to the site.  I read a lot of the posts, when I can and have found that a lot of great swaps and exchanges have taken place.  Unfortunately for me, by the time I find them - it's too late because the sign ups have already closed.  Is there any way we could do a section dedicated just to these?

Be the change you want to see

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Sep 20, 2010 12:36 PM

There are actually two sections to keep your eye on...Bead Chat and Bead Barter. Usually when someone starts a bead swap then they start a thread in the Bead Chat section. Each will have the guidelines for that swap listed. Usually the sign ups are for a few weeks to give everyone time to see them as we realize that not everyone can check every day.

The other section is the Bead Barter section. There are gudielines but this is a great section if you have some beads and you are just wanting to swap them for something else.

The swaps are something that the members started and are not actually done/control etc by Beading Daily. So just keep your eye out for the announcement threads.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
on Sep 21, 2010 7:08 AM

Thanks Sheila,  I was actually looking for the earrings, bracelet and necklace exchange/swaps, but the  beads could also fall into that category for the Exchange/Swap section as well.

Be the change you want to see

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Sep 21, 2010 9:02 AM

Electric Rainbow...the other thing you may want to do is check the box on the bead barter section that says you want to receive emails when someone posts.  Mind you, you may get bombared with emails but at least you will see when these swaps go up.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 565
Beadiecat wrote
on Sep 29, 2010 12:41 PM

I would also like to see a separate section for the swaps, only because it complicates looking at Bead Chat for me.  It would be nice to have a forum just for the swaps, and like the OP said, it would also make it easier to have them all in one place.  Just my opinion, though.

Cat

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS