seeking polymer clay tools with a musical theme

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 478
Calico3 wrote
on Aug 31, 2010 6:39 AM

Has anyone here who works with polymer clay ever seen texture sheets with a musical theme, such as notes, symbols, or instruments?

I mentioned in a previous thread that I have an opportunity to place some pieces in the gift shop of the local symphony orchestra. Due to their low $30 price cap and 40% comission I don't think I can come up with many bracelets or necklaces (they don't want earrings - they already have someone who sells just earrings) that I can sell for that little without compromising design or quality, but...

Having already used a variety of texture sheets for clay, I came up with an idea. If I could find music themed texture sheets for clay, I could create a variety of pendants, add some sparkle and highlights with Pearl-X powder and glaze, and hang them from a silk cord or ribbon.  I've found all kinds of texture sheets in many different designs, but none having to do with music.. I did see one small rubber stamp at AC Moore, but it wasn't deep enough to be useful for clay.

Any ideas?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Aug 31, 2010 10:10 AM

I am new to Clay. I will be Las Cruces,NM on 9/7/ and I will check at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. Maybe, Joann's or Handcocks.

I will let you know, If I can find "Texture Sheets of clay with music", right?

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 478
Calico3 wrote
on Sep 1, 2010 3:54 AM

Gyspy Mary:
I will let you know, If I can find "Texture Sheets of clay with music", right?

Thanks bunches

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS