purple watch face specially for beading!

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Loopy Linds! wrote
on May 24, 2008 8:01 AM

Not quite sure how to make it funky but strong, so it won't fall off and break 1st time wearing it!  I have purple beads, but am not good at inspiration, better at being told or copying from a mag....Help?  Thanks Linds

Not Ranked
Posts 1
catdesigns wrote
on May 27, 2008 6:17 AM

Hi

Well, if I was going for sturdy -I'd use accuflex,beadalon etc(I'm cheap- I buy accuflex in bulk from Fire Mt) & if using a toggle-don't put too much slack or it will untoggle if it's heavy. Are you just going to use purple or add other colours? Or just purple & metal beads? I'm a sucker for purple & green & teal-or purple iris & use blues-would look great with jeans.

Hope that helps!

Cheryl 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on May 31, 2008 6:37 AM

Sometimes the easiest inspiration for me is to look at or buy a small tube of mixed beads. These are automatically paired to look nice. I did a bracelet with Swarovski crystals that were irridescent and I put a pale pink and dark purple beads with it to pick up on the irridescence. It was really pretty. I am not sure of the shade of purple, but for me sometimes too much of the same color make it loose something. The purple face may not be funky anymore.

Is there anything else on the face of the watch to pick from? The color of the numbers or the color of the watch edge. If it is silver,  I would think some silver beads mixed with some purple or even black. I have used some magnetic clasps that are set with cyrstals. They are strong magnets to I don't have to worry about them falling off.  

Good Luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 12
NitzaA wrote
on Jul 29, 2008 1:16 PM

I made a watch with a rectangle wire bracelet base and with fine wire I wrapped the empty spaces with lines of beads. I use transparent white beads but you can combine the colors you want. You can combine puple with black and gold beads. The sky is the limit with the use of color.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS