Jumping on the Bandwagon ... Pandora request

This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 868
MysticP wrote
on Aug 28, 2010 4:17 PM

While there have been a couple of charm bracelets on here, I've sort of taken that idea and run with it. I wanted to do a Pandora bracelet that makes me think of all of my bead buddies!

So what I'm asking for is a beaded bead or a charm from anyone who wants to contribute, and the catch is that it needs to fit around a 4mm chain. Anyone interested?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Aug 28, 2010 4:43 PM

Sure Moira! Count me in!

What kind of metal?

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 868
MysticP wrote
on Aug 28, 2010 4:48 PM

that's a really good question, Cat

Why don't I make it easy for everyone and say silver plated. But that doesn't need to be a rule ... I love mixing metals.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,328
13tamara wrote
on Aug 28, 2010 7:23 PM

Moira, I'm in....sounds like a fun challenge with the larger size...

do I send it right to you?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 868
MysticP wrote
on Aug 28, 2010 8:46 PM

Thanks Tamara!!!

Yes, you can send them right to me ... pop me an email through here if you need my address

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Aug 29, 2010 5:41 PM

Count me in Moira... Will make a beaded bead for you Moira... though I can't really promise when will I mail it. My hands are full til mid-October...Tongue Tied

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Aug 29, 2010 10:17 PM

Moira I have some ideas of what to make but just want to clarify first- Do you want a pandora style bead  or do you want charms? I'm assuming you are putting them on a 4mm snake chain??? so the loop (if making a charm) will need to be slightly larger than that?

Just want to make sure!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 868
MysticP wrote
on Aug 29, 2010 10:23 PM

Cat, I'm happy with beads or charms, and you're right. I'm going to make a 4mm rope chain.

Pandora charms tend to be basically like the beads, only they have a loop to dangle something from - here's an idea of what they look like:

http://www.amazon.com/Pandora-Dangle-Murano-Turquoise-Bracelet/dp/B002HWYXGQ

although I'm quite happy with ones made from wire, for instance (I was going to make a couple of simple coiled wires to use as spacers) - but seeing as you have a new dapping set to play with you can do something hollow formed, if that's easier!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,328
13tamara wrote
on Aug 30, 2010 6:01 AM

Glad Cat asked that....and glad to see I was on the right track with what I was planning.....

after looking at that link.....

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS