Location, please??

This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Jun 11, 2010 4:18 PM

I know it has been requested before, but I'm going to request it again. The forums used to have the member's location with their name/avatar. I'd like to see it brought back - the oldtimers pretty much know where each other lives, but it is nice to be able to see where in the world the rest of our family is! 

Thanks!

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 11, 2010 9:02 PM

Yeah! DEB! yes, yes, yes, please bring the location back!. I just called someone on the EastCoast. I would not have called so late, but didn't know where they were in the USA.

I also miss seeing the post in the bio pages. I use to be able to see if someone had been off site, and E-Mail them off forum to let them know they were missed. Gone or Hiding?

Thanks,Deb

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jun 12, 2010 12:00 AM

Yes please from me too!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
BeadBarn wrote
on Jun 12, 2010 12:46 AM

Add my name to the list.... I want it back too...  Always nice to know there are other beaders in your area... Can make contact and a new friend who is one the same page as you.... Also, can contact people in areas you are planning to visit for local info (esp. LBS locations)

Lynn

BeadBarn – Lynn

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 480
Calico3 wrote
on Jun 12, 2010 3:14 AM

I'm fairly new to this forum and I'd love to know where in the world everyone is from.

Linda,  in beautiful SE Pennsylvania  :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 817
JanineB@7 wrote
on Jun 12, 2010 8:13 AM

Ditto,

to all of the above

From New Hampshire, Enfield

Regards,

Janine

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jun 14, 2010 12:32 PM

Please add me to the list of those who like to know where everyone is from as well as the postings so we know if someone has been missing for longer than usual.  Thank you

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,977
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 14, 2010 4:38 PM

MelindaB@14:

Please add me to the list of those who like to know where everyone is from as well as the postings so we know if someone has been missing for longer than usual.  Thank you

Double Ditto Big Smile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 502
Editor
on Jun 14, 2010 5:33 PM

Location is available if you click on the person's profile *and* they elected to fill that info in.  (You can click on mine and see it says "Colorado.")

Do you mean you want the location visible in a different place (like along with the avatar)?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,977
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 14, 2010 6:19 PM

Michelle Mach:

Do you mean you want the location visible in a different place (like along with the avatar)?

Yes, under the avatar and under the number of posts.

It makes it easier when saying in a conversation Hobby Lobby or some such has what you're looking for, only to have them reply I live in a country that doesn't have that store. It just makes it easier to "converse" if you know where someone is from without having to leave a thread to check their bio.

Edited: To say Please & Thank You to the powers that be Wink

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 502
Editor
on Jun 15, 2010 4:53 PM

OK, thanks!  I'll pass your idea along.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Jun 16, 2010 2:22 PM

It used to be there "Back in the GOOD OLD DAYS", as was "Date joined".

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,834
KipperCat wrote
on Jul 7, 2010 11:40 AM

Here's one more request to bring back the location by each comment.  I know that software updates are few and far between, but this is one thing I'd love to see.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS