Bead Tool 4

This post has 43 Replies | 14 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Sep 20, 2013 8:17 PM

Hi Linda,

Yes I have had the program for years.  Christopher (the creator) is very helpful if you every run into problems.  All you need to do is email him.  I use it for loom, brick and peyote patterns.  It's great!  I prefer to work from the image it creates rather than the chart but both work well.

I have recently "infected" my roommate with the beading bug.  She purchased the program and has already made several bracelets with it.  I have never had any luck with the transfer program but Christopher has offered to render it for me.  I will get around to learning it one day but in the mean time it is a very good tool for making and sharing patterns.  I hope he gets it to the iPad soon!

Karen

Not Ranked
Posts 2
asimeral wrote
on Jun 27, 2014 11:21 PM

Hi Anne, I saw your post asking for a program that shows the arrows.  I have been researching beading software, (and don't want to pay $150 for the BCP) and I found this:  http://3dbeading.com/diagram_instructions/inkscape/1.shtml Thought this might be what you're looking for (if you haven't found it already) and it's FREE.

;-)  Andréa

Not Ranked
Posts 1
meldmac wrote
on Jul 21, 2014 4:36 PM

Does anyone know if you can create patterns and sell them from this program? 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 939
on Jul 21, 2014 9:27 PM

Surely. You can sell patterns using many of the pattern programs offered, on line. Be sure to either do one of the following things:

--recreate your pattern in beads, to make sure the colors are correct. None of the patterns, no matter what you purchase, offer 'transfer/click/print/loom', therefore, many patterns are sold to those who purchase the beads, only to find they waisted money on colors that did not work

--Learn any program, in side and out, and know the bead colors/finish. I too sell patterns. My patterns so I am very sensitive to know they will work out, when purchased. Here are a few of my latest patterns, offered, for the loom, just to show you what I am talking about:

We are still having fun seeing these created on the loom, in beads.

I completed the July 4th Cuff pattern:

As a matter of fact, we were so involved, on my FB Page, that I was requested to make many flags of various countries. It was a fun collaboration!

So please, be sure you are selecting correct bead color/finishes for the patterns you sell. It is very important to not only offer the best rendition of a pattern, but it seems to be a learning venue, for many who want to understand the programs vs. bead color/finishes.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 939
on Jul 21, 2014 10:21 PM

I replied in efforts to help, but waiting for moderation!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,370
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jul 25, 2014 9:09 AM

Erin,

I am sorry, but if you are waiting for moderation, it may never show up, because we as moderators never see it. Please repost your reply. If you continue to have a posting problem please contact Jennifer and she can fix that problem. 

I sincerely wish that we as moderators had as much power as what they indicate we have, and I could help you. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 939
on Jul 25, 2014 12:41 PM

Thank you Sue, you are very sweet!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Jooooooo wrote
on Aug 25, 2014 10:25 PM

Hi Anne,

I know it's been sometime since you asked the question about how to follow which direction the thread is going in drafts, so I'm referring you what I found and hope it's what you need to know:  go to bellaonline.com/articles/art63325.asp

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Karen4Peace wrote
on Mar 11, 2015 2:23 AM

I recently purchased Bead Tool 4 but had a few problems with it. I am having problems with the pattern print out. When I follow the bead pattern it doesn't look like the picture of the pattern that I made. I am doing a tubular peyote pattern using 8-0 hexagon Toho beads. When setting up the pattern it asks for bead width and height in pixels and I didn't have a clue what that meant. Can you help me with this?  I'm not even sure if that is the reason the pattern is off when I follow the printout but I can't think of any other reason for it being off.  The picture of the pattern looks fine. It's just when I follow the colors and number of beads to use from the printout they don't match the bead pattern.  When I asked for help under support, the owner, Christopher gave me some instructions and when I had problems with it and asked for further help he became very rude and insulting and refused to help further when I called him out on his rude behavior. When I asked for a refund since his product didn't work for me and because he was so rude to me, he refused to give me a refund basically telling me that his product wasn't defective implying that I was the one with a defect!  I could not believe how rudely he treated me in his communication with me. I told him I guess since he already had my money he didn't have to worry about how rude and insulting he was to his customers and that he should be ashamed. He then told me to seek the help of a doctor!  I wish I could report him to someone. Anyway sorry about my rant.  I'm still upset that someone would treat one of their customers like that. If there is any way you could help me with my problem I would appreciate it so much. Thank you. 

Karen

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 102
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Mar 11, 2015 1:02 PM

So, I don't know what happened with Christopher, he's usually incredibly supportive and helpful. He's always helped me out and never been rude  at all, ever.
The bead pixel usually only comes up when you are in the "View" , "Options"  area. They start out set to a default size, this is for viewing on your screen and will not affect the pattern. 
I don't know what you mean by "I follow the colors and number of beads to use from the printout they don't match the bead pattern" . Do you mean the bead colours don't look the same? As bead colours are always difficult for a computer to judge, so your best bet is to select the beads first and then create the pattern with the beads you have. ( you  may have done this already.)  

Have you tried the word pattern or are you doing from the actual coloured pattern? Did you remember to start the rows of beads at the coloured diagonal line? Not from the edge of the pattern?
 Can you send me the pattern and I can see if it will work on my BeadTool?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Karen4Peace wrote
on Mar 12, 2015 12:01 PM

The Bead Legend and Bead Chart printed out following the pattern I made and the colors I chose just fine, but when I started actually beading following the Word Chart i.e., Row 1&2 (L) (2)A, (2)B, (2)C, etc. it does not come out looking the same as the pattern I made.  I put the starting bead as upper left and saved that, but now I have noticed on the new printout of the word chart that it has (R) instead of (L) before going into the (2)A etc.  Is that possibly the reason why the pattern is off?  I don't understand why it is coming up (R) when I saved the starting bead as upper left and it shows it as upper left.  As you can tell I am very confused by all of this.  I have never used beading software before, and in fact this is the first time I have made my own pattern.  I sure hope you can help me.  I am not sure if Christopher was having a bad day or what, but he did not have the patience to help me with my issues and he was very, very rude to me, which is why I turned to this bead forum to try to find someone with enough patience to help me through this.  Otherwise the money I spent on Christopher's software will be of no use to me and will be a waste of my hard earned money.  He actually told me not to contact him again!  It seems to me he was only interested in taking my money, but not giving me customer support.  Thank you for any help you can give me.  I am at a loss here. 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 102
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Mar 12, 2015 12:28 PM

So, I'll do my best. 
I'm betting it has something to do with the starting bead. I usually use the lower left. I know if I have a BT pattern and I change the start bead it will do strange things to a tubular peyote pattern.
Give that a try and see if it works.
It's hard without seeing what is happening, so if you could post pictures or send the pattern that would make it easier to give the right help.

P.S.

What type of computer are you running this on? Mac or PC?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
vettvett wrote
on Mar 29, 2015 2:22 PM

yes have bought the program and worth every penny. very simple to use and you can print off the pic and the bead name and color for ordering and you can all so print off the word pattern in rows. you can take a pic and then the program can transfer it in to a bead pattern of your choice. just wish there was a place to get more patterns for the program all ready done

Angele Tousignant

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 102
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Mar 29, 2015 4:35 PM

Let me know what you are looking for.  Maybe I can find something in my stash of patterns.

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous  1 2 3 | RSS