Challenge Swap 5: Natural Materials, signups closed

This post has 212 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on May 26, 2010 12:38 AM

Even though the current challenge is still in progress, I figured I'd go ahead and start the signups for the next round. I've decided we'll go with a "natural materials" theme for this project, and I wanted to give people plenty of time to decide what they want to send.

The colors are going to be earth tones (blacks & browns to cream/white plus green), and the materials you send must be natural: any metals, leather, hemp, stones, pearls/shells, wood, seeds, nuts, and anything else you can think of.

For those not familiar with the challenge swap, it is half bead swap and half "Beadwork" magazine challenge:  everyone will send me enough materials for each participant to have at least ONE of something, though you can send as much as you feel comfortable with.  This is not meant to break anyone's budget.  I will make kits out of all the materials I receive and send them back to the participants, at which point your challenge is to use the kit plus anything in your stash to make whatever you want.  I will make a reveal of all the creations at the end.

If you'd like to sign up, send me a personal email with your name and address (if you've never participated).  For those that have done a previous challenge I already have your info so just tell me you're participating again.  Everyone will also need to send $5 or 5 Euro for return shipping via Priority Mail or equivalent.  Anyone is welcome to join.

If you'd like to see examples of previous kits and people's creations, there are 2 reveal posts on my blog (link in my signature).

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on May 26, 2010 2:19 AM

OK, I'm in! Love the "natural" theme.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on May 26, 2010 5:27 AM

Definitely IN Geeked

"Dream Big"

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,328
13tamara wrote
on May 26, 2010 5:56 AM

love the theme...I'll try this again....thanks Jeni

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on May 26, 2010 6:23 AM

Yes please!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on May 26, 2010 6:33 AM

Love the theme... am definitely in!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on May 26, 2010 6:40 AM

I think I have to sit out one ... I hope Im back for round 6 ...

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 299
pollydoodle2 wrote
on May 26, 2010 8:21 AM

Love it I am in. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 26, 2010 8:31 AM
I'm in Jeni. I was shopping last night for some goodies :)

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 57
jamesdean wrote
on May 26, 2010 8:48 AM

I sent you an email, but I'm still a little fuzzy on some of the details of this challenge swap concept. How do you know approximately how much stuff to send? Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Briana 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on May 26, 2010 9:32 AM

Once signups are done I'll send out an email with the total # of people.  The current one has 28 people if that helps any.

Again, you can send as much as you like, but technically it only has to be one of something per person.  If you were sending seed beads you might send more that one of course, but you can use your best judgment.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on May 26, 2010 11:34 AM

I want to try this! Count me in for sure!

Natural materials is my best subject haha.

I think I might have some interesting items to send in haha.

From the Oregon Coast to Tacoma.

etsy :: blog :: flickr

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on May 26, 2010 5:20 PM

Sounds like fun & a challenge to come up with something different for this swap.  Count me in please.

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on May 26, 2010 9:35 PM

I would like to do this again....nothing beats getting a bag full of neat beads from everyone :)

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on May 26, 2010 10:44 PM

Jeni,

Even though I''ve been slacking on using the current challenge beads...I'd still love to join again ! The theme sounds great, and it should be fun to pick for AND fun to use !

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Page 1 of 15 (213 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS