New To the Forum...Native American Earring Patterns and Cluster Pendant

This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 6
reenie7 wrote
on May 7, 2010 2:35 PM

Hi. I'm new to the forum and beadworking. I'm a lampworker.

I would love to make some native american earrings that uses I think they are bugle beads along with seed beads. They have been around forever, until of course, I need them.

I'm also looking for a pattern to take swarovski crystals and bundle them into a cluster. Shape of a circle or even a heart. I saw this done in bead store (on display) but they closed down before I could take a class.

Thanks so much!

IRene

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,977
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 7, 2010 3:25 PM

First Welcome to the forums

Second: Is this what you're talking about? These are really simple to make. The Bugle beads are  Rootbeer and there are also some Rootbeer round Delicas size 11/0 and Lt. Peach  Delicas 11/0. Some call them "Fringe Earrings" but they have as many names as designs. I know Fire Mountain has a free fringe earring pattern in there patterns section. And if you do a search for free fringe earring patterns you'll get several hits. Or you can e-mail me of forum and I can tell you how I did mine.

I hope this helped. But if I've misunderstood what you're looking for perhaps you could find a picture or clarify what your looking for. I'm sure someone will know what you're looking for.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Not Ranked
Posts 6
reenie7 wrote
on May 7, 2010 3:41 PM

Thank you....Yes that's pretty much it. The bottoms of them are tapered or maybe it's the design that makes them look tapered.

Thanks for the reply and now off to see if I can find some patterns and then look for that crystal cluster :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on May 10, 2010 4:29 PM

Those earrings are usually done in brick stitch for the base and than the fringe is added to the base. There are many free patterns available online.

As for the crystal cluster: are you thinking about weaving the crystals into this shape or make a cluster by attaching them to headpins?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on May 10, 2010 5:05 PM

I wanted to say hi and welcome.  This is a great site.  There are so many nice, helpful, caring people.

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Not Ranked
Posts 6
reenie7 wrote
on May 10, 2010 8:35 PM

Thank you. I know I didn't quite introduce myself but instead just jumped in and got my feet wet lol.

In regards to the cluster? I saw the heart cluster I wanted to make and yes it's weaved into that shape using right angle weave I believe. I spent some time in Barnes and Noble today and found the heart and the circular pendant but the instructions were geared towards experienced beaders and so I didn't get it at all.

I'm taking a break on lampworking because I've lost the passion or creativity and the moment and so am jumping into this. I sell lampwork supplies for a living and after a work day, I just don't feel like playing with glass anymore.

Kind of sad I know . Looking forward to having some time one day soon to browse through the forum and learn some new stuff. Just wish  had a few more hours in a day :-)
Thanks for welcome!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on May 11, 2010 1:57 AM

Hey you never know-trying out a slightly different medium may give your creativity a boost-it does for me sometimes.  You may find yourself thinking you don't have just the perfect lampie for the project you want to make, and voila!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on May 11, 2010 4:54 AM

Maybe you can find something about the heart pattern in this thread

http://www.beadingdaily.com/forums/p/3014/40474.aspx#40474

or here

http://3dbeading.com/hearts.shtml

There is at least one heart done with crystals in RAW.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 13, 2010 7:10 AM

Irene here's some direction for the American Indian earrings:  http://home.flash.net/~mjtafoya/projects/dent/dent3.htm  She has some great free patterns on that site.

Hope it helps!

Pam

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS