Making our own 'Beadwork Challenge kit' for BeadingDaily members? (Participant quota FILLED)

This post has 59 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Apr 25, 2010 11:11 AM

have to say, this sounds like fun.  when would it start?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 6:55 PM

I think I've decided to send some pearl strands. Are you going to e-mail us with your info so we can mail you what we chose?

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 11:10 PM

Terrific! I will be in Tucson tomorrow. I Think, I have what I want to send along, but, want hurt to look around.. LBS .. Tucson... Michaels.

Humm, think I need the address and when to ship.??

Exciting! Love this Idea!

P.S. Thanks for organizing this Challenge kit!

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Apr 30, 2010 9:26 PM

Hi people! Sorry for the lack of communication. I realized I had three days to make an epic piece for the BeadStar contest, and you know how life goes. :)
On to people's questions: There will be 6 participants total, including you, so you would send out 5 sets, and ship them to me.

Also, since the challenge kit will likely turn out to be a quite nicely-sized bead package, it would be good to send $5 via paypal to cover the cost of shipping your completed kit to you. :D Both package and shipping cost should be sent before the end of the first full week of May. I'll email you with my address and paypal email.

This is going to be fun! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with, to put together everyone's materials and see the completed kit!

If you have any questions or reservations (or just plain changed your mind about participating) don't hesitate to ask.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Apr 30, 2010 9:39 PM

Surprise I would be shocked if anyone changed their mind.   I would rather send you a "USA, Postal Money Order" ??

so there is no charge from PayPal. I send as "Gift" and they still charge me a %. I will include plenty to cover the cost. inside the Beading Package.

(I always try to send extra :"just in Case".)

My Little town in AZ, don't have the Post Office open on Sat. So Mine will go out Monday.

I am off to "Baggie" and Label each baggie.(got a new roll of Label tapeYes)) Love those Label Makers.

Thanks, for doing this.

Gyspy Mary

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Apr 30, 2010 9:41 PM

cbreul:

have to say, this sounds like fun.  when would it start?

This one is closed (sorry!) but if all goes well, and I think it will, the next  challenge will happen sometime in late May. I would LOVE to include you in this one but this is my first time being a swap coordinator and sticking to the number of participants outlined in the first post helps keep it simple.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Apr 30, 2010 10:13 PM

Um...

I have enough made up for 5 people but there are 6? I am going to have to change what I was sending.

And so I keep one set of beads for me and then send you the other 5 right?

And do I need a paypal account to pay you? I don't have one and I am not interested in getting one so....can I just send $5 inside the package?

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Apr 30, 2010 10:21 PM

((hugs))Christina Marie, I did the same thing. I was reading 5 people. Got some of my "choices bagged" and went back to re-read the post, 5 people plus the organizer, So, I posted and Email to be sure.

So, I am re-doing the baggies. and choices. Devil I am so Glad I am not the only one who missed the (6) total. Whew!Embarrassed I confuse so easy sometimes.

Gyspy Mary

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on May 1, 2010 12:40 AM

I can send some clasps, if they are needed.

I totally want to be signed up for the next one.. I wish I would've made the mark!

From the Oregon Coast to Tacoma.

etsy :: blog :: flickr

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on May 1, 2010 8:34 AM

Sorry for the confusion, everyone! Yes, there will be 6 people participating total, including you, so you need 6 sets of beads but you need only send 5, since you'll be using one.

Email me with any other questions; some of them I can't answer here for security reasons (the internet and all, ya never know who's reading).

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on May 1, 2010 11:29 AM

Just a logistics suggestion - wouldn't it be easier to have everyone send 6 sets, so that you don't have the hassle of trying to keep track of who didn't send which beads? You can package 6 identical kits that way - it won't change the postage much, if at all and everyone will get the same thing to work with. I know if I was participating and put one set aside for my kit, I'd sure as shooting forget where I put it or use it for something else. <grin>

I'll be watching for the next rounds - by then, I might have time to put together a set of my own!

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on May 1, 2010 2:42 PM

That's a good idea, and though I'm pretty sure I'll be able to keep track, it's a change I think I'll apply to future Challenges with more people.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on May 1, 2010 5:39 PM

Hi, well, I am putting the "list of what I am sending in a little baggie with my name on it.(6th baggie).

I just thought since Jeni, E-Mailed Photos of what everyone sent, who it was from.(Of course I peekedEmbarrassed0

I have a S/P & G/P magnet from FMG .4 each of  the S/P&G/P metal spacers(look like hammered disk)

4-S hook,(With jump rings) each of S/P & G/P. and

7 tan square of dyed Mother Pearl.

Each is in little baggies.(labeled)

Still lookingConfused (it looks a bit skinny)

If you sent out E-Mails with where to send,?? I haven't gotten it yet.. I would like to mail my package out on Monday.(if possible)

I am so Excited! Looking forward to this Challenge.

Thanks again for doing this one!

Gyspy Mary

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on May 1, 2010 9:04 PM

Huh. I was certain I emailed you with the info, it might have gotten caught in your spambox.

Everybody, if you haven't received an email from me yet, check your spambox! I sent emails to all the participants yesterday.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on May 6, 2010 12:23 AM

I got your email, got the box ready....and now I am waiting for either my boyfriend to get a day off to mail it (looks like that isn't happening at this point but it's Thursday so who knows) Or for Saturday morning when I am off work.

I put my name on the baggies so people would know they were from me. I can supply an "ingredients" list if anyone needs to know what stuff is. I didn't think of that until AFTER I taped the box closed. Duh!

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Page 2 of 4 (60 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS