All members are equal

This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Apr 2, 2010 10:37 AM

Dear members,

Recent aggressive posts against a member who happens to work for an advertiser have been removed because of those posts' rude attitude, and because the posts continued to revisit a resolved issue in a hostile manner. Such posts against any member will always be removed. There is no inequitable treatment nor exceptions from us towards our members. The inequitable perceptions have come from members who do not give courtesy to other members.

Any member may work for a shop or company. SoftFlex Guy made his name a clear connection to his company, which we believe made him an easy target. But other members who suggest products or web sites may indeed be in the same position. All members are equal and treated equally.

Our rules on advertising posts are clear, they have been and continue to apply to ALL members. A  simple email to us "is this okay?" is all it takes for further clarification. The rules stand for every member: replies to direct inquiries are okay, which is what SoftFlex Guy did. Accusations of rule-breaking were determined to be incorrect. Even so, hostile posts against this member continued.

Members reported are contacted if those reports are determined to be rule-breakers. No one is summarily banned. Repeatedly ignoring our reminders may need further action such a post removal.  Reports should be to the Mods and us. Please give us time to address those reports. Posts inciting fears of being banned for breaking rules are unfounded and will be removed as we come across them.

It is okay to post civil frustrations with any products from any member in a respectful way, but give those sellers a chance to address your issues, first, privately. This applies to advertisers, LBS owners, or any member with whom you have done commerce. .

The rule being broken of late is how to publicly address ANY member of Beading Daily, including Interweave staff members and advertiser members. Everyone deserves respect. Honesty and candor should still be civil. And, the focus of posts should be on making jewelry.

Political views of corprorate America or any other unrelated topic belong on more appropriate forums, not ours.

Posts which are rude, disrespectful or hostile will be removed and the member contacted with an explanation. 

Banning is a last resort, and most members need not worry about it, ever. But we will take this action to keep the forums a pleasant, relaxed, and honest place to learn, share, and make friends.

Thank you all. Let's get back to making jewelry.

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Apr 3, 2010 2:05 AM

Well said, thank you Leslie. 

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 546
CryssT wrote
on Apr 4, 2010 11:44 PM

Very well said and appreciated.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 363
Ruth. wrote
on Apr 5, 2010 12:24 PM

Couldn't agree more Leslie!

Shippensburg Pennsylvania - about 30 minutes from Gettysburg

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on May 21, 2010 7:03 PM

Wow, I had no idea this was going on. Thanks for posting that though, I agree that we are all equal :)

"Dream Big"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
on Feb 8, 2011 2:14 PM

Man!  I had no idea of this either!  No need for internet harassment....

Be the change you want to see

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Feb 9, 2011 5:47 PM

electricrainbow1:

Man!  I had no idea of this either!  No need for internet harassment....

There was no harassment. There was an argument about something that I said about one of their advertisers and it wasn't taken very well. I spoke out about a truly inferior product and because it was a major advertiser, I was relieved of my moderator duties and almost banned. Frankly, that was almost a year ago and personally, I think that this post should be removed. However, that is my personal opinion.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,261
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 10, 2011 11:37 AM

I agree Billy, Some threads are not worth rehashing over again. I think they should delete the ones that have nothing to do with what is going on in the here and now. But again that is my way of thinking.

I think when we get a new member they tend to start at the very beginning of the life of BD. which is okay on threads that offer good advice, and since your original  post, with what you believed to be valuable information was deleted, I think the rest of the after flow should be as well. It's like reading a book that had lost the first half of the book. It leaves you wide open for interpretation. And it isn't fair to judge someone by only half of the story.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS