Use The Muse IV contest

This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 11
JMarie107 wrote
on Mar 26, 2010 7:51 PM

I ordered the kit for this contest through pay-pal and my payment cleared on March 16 and I haven't had an e-mail or received my kit.  I have sent 4 e-mails to Scarlett Lanson and no reply.  I even asked her for a refund of the money if the kit wouldn't arrive on time for the contest or to hold the money and apply it to the next contest since she holds them so often.  I would think that it would be good business practice to at least respond to the e-mail one way or the other.  I wondering if anybody else has had this experence.AngrySad

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 909
Cindy Daniel wrote
on Mar 26, 2010 9:57 PM

I'm surprised! I've always had very prompt replies from her, and she's always been wonderful!

Find my tutorials at: JewelryTales.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Mar 27, 2010 2:37 AM

I haven't had issues in the past, but this time my Muse arrived broken and I emailed Scarlett but got no reply either.  I tried to fix mine but ended up ordering a new one from Art Beads.  I'm just praying it gets here in time.

Several people had problems the last time.  Usually Scarlett is very prompt about answering so not sure why she hasn't.  I know she was out of town part of the time during the last round, so not sure what the issue is now.  I hate to say it, but I think this is my last entry even though I really enjoy the challenge.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Mar 27, 2010 7:41 AM

I had some problems with #3, my kit got lost and never arrived. I has sent a few emails too, and posted on her site when the kit didn't arrive and had not heard from her. It took awhile for her to respond, but eventually she sent a email to everyone explaining that she had gotten overwhelmed with all the entries (her puppy had died too during all of this) and that she would extend the contest deadline and fix any issues that had come up.

Unfortunatley, I got the kit after the contest was over (even with the deadline extensions) so I wasn't able to enter. But she sent a refund and a kit, which was very nice of her.

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Mar 28, 2010 9:50 PM

Sorry to hear Muse IV is starting out as a re-run of  previous Muse.

Unfortunately, I just gave up after all the dissapointments of Muse III.

I learned There is not going to be Customer Service or a response in a timely manner if you don't get your kit from Scarlett.

Whisperpsst. ChristinaH, just between you and me, "What would have been nice of Scarlett, would have been to UPS the missing Kits over night". costly, yes, It is still the Responsible, Customer Service way to do business.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 65
Helena@58 wrote
on Mar 29, 2010 10:24 AM

Hi!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your kit. I hope you get your kit or a refund soon!

I'm also getting a bit annoyed, too, although my problem is not as big as yours.. I got my kit, and quickly too, considering I live in Sweden, but I haven't recieved any emails whatsoever. Tonight is the deadline for the "early bird" (in which you get the chance to win an extra prize), but I haven't gotten the submission link.. It was suppsosed to be sent out (for the second time) on saturday but I didn't get any emails. I have posted on the Muse forum twice saying I didn't get the emails but that didn't seem to help. Argh!

Sorry to load this onto you guys but I just had to let it out. I hope it works out soon.

Helena

Sweden

See my work at http://beadworkbyh.wordpress.com/

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 546
CryssT wrote
on Mar 29, 2010 2:20 PM

i received my Muse IV and am disappointed in the Muse. not even trying to shoot for the early bird. i liked the bead colors but don't think they work well with the  Muse so am using the Muse and beads from my stash. i will complete this one and think very hard if she offers a Muse V in the too near future.

also FYI - BeadedBear (Sig Wynn Evans) has a contest that looks interesting.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
JMarie107 wrote
on Mar 30, 2010 4:39 PM

I agree that Scarlett should send out the kits UPS overnight without charge to the customer since she was so sluggish about responding and extend the early bird date and the on time submission date. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Mar 30, 2010 10:26 PM

With the Muse III I got results only after I complained to ArtBeads directly.

Since they sponsor the Muse ,I am sure they would want to know about any complaints that reflect back on them. Art Beads is a large company, but they respond to E-Mails in a timely manner.

Good Luck Everyone!

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 45
on Apr 4, 2010 12:30 PM

Hello and Happy Easter to you all,

I received an email from a participant that thought I should address this thread.  It's Easter Sunday, and I am still checking my emails and responding to participant inquiries, and helping them with any questions about submitting their forms.   If you have something that you felt has not been addressed please email me again and I will comb through and make sure I have taken care of your concern. 

I am saddened that several of you have expressed such dissatisfaction with the event.  My number one job is taking care of my participants in this event.  If anyone does not receive a kit or has a problem with shipping, I have always sent them a replacement, refunded their money, or forwarded them a kit for the following event upon their request.  Over half the time a kit goes missing, my tracking results will report "the item is out for delivery" which means its usually held up somewhere and I will send an additional kit anyways to ensure that the participant has enough time to complete their submission.  When the initial kit arrives, they are allowed to keep it free.  I spend so much time answering different requests and giving personalized advice to different participants regarding photography, etc.  

I also feel like I have taken extra special care of my Beading Daily members here, if their ever has been a problem with their order.  I appreciate your support and I have so enjoyed having participants from all over the world join in.  This round actually has more International participants that ever before!  Over the next few weeks wile I prepare for the Big Reveal I have free projects and tip and tricks from four pros in the beading world that are serving as our Guest Judges.  All of this free content is something that I am offering as a bonus on the blog for the participants.  I have been able to keep the costs low with the support of my sponsors and continue to add more value to the contest by having more beading pros and authors join in the event and serve as Guest judges and offer up insight.  I hope you will all check out the blog as the Big Reveal nears to enjoy these free projects.  

Finally, I just want to say that if you are dissatisfied I will always do whatever I can do help make your contest experience a happy one!  Please email me directly as the customer service at my sponsors do not always forward me the actual individual concerns so they do not get taken care of.  When you email me at the address provided on my website, I will always reply by the following weekday.  If you don't receive a reply within that window, please email me again, as your message did not go through OR I responded to a similar inquiry and your email was mistaken as answered, this rarely happens, but that is why it is good to just send me a little reminder.

Jeni, I have sent you a separate email response regarding your broken Muse.  I only had two participants end up with broken Muses and I sent them both replacements.  SInce you have ordered one already I will just forward you a partial refund.  

Thank you all for your participation, and again if you need anything else please contact me directly as I do not frequent the forums.  I promise you'll get a response!

Sincerely,

Scarlett

~Beads, Bliss, and Blessings~

*Scarlett Lanson* 

"Scarlett's Style" 

Contributing Editor Beadwork Magazine

www.thebeadersmuse.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Apr 4, 2010 2:08 PM

Thanks for posting Scarlett, and I did get the refund you sent.  That wasn't necessary, but it was nice of you to do.  I wrote in frustration in my above post, and I will likely still enter future contests since I can't seem to resist them.  You do too good a job putting together lovely kits and prizes.Wink

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Aug 10, 2010 1:34 AM

I just checked Scarlett's Use the Muse site thinking she might start another round ......and the site is down. I hope everything is ok with her...she hasn't posted on BD since she replied to this thread...

Anyone know if she's ok?

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Aug 10, 2010 1:39 AM

As far as I know she is.  I got an email about a month ago or so that prizes had been mailed out from the last one (still haven't received mine yet but the mail has been slow), and it said that details for UTMV would be out soon. 

I went to the site a week or two ago and it was up but hadn't been updated since the reveal.  I tried just now and it didn't come up for me either.  Wonder if she's revamping it or something?

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS