Spam Users on BD?

This post has 24 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 12, 2010 7:49 AM

Yes Billy, they were the same ones that spammed the site the other day. I made a suggestion to Leslie just this morning as to how to stop this sort of activity. I also e-mailed both Jeni and Sheila about this same spamer. Hope they can put a stop to this type of activity.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Mar 12, 2010 10:58 AM

Hi everyone--we are doing what we can to remove these quickly--it's not so easy to put up blockers without a real impact on everyone else. Please keep reporting, and please let us know. Ultimately we'll figure out a wall.

Thanks for your watchfulness and help.

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Aug 27, 2011 6:31 AM

Knock on wood!!! it looks like most of the spammers have either been kicked off before they got started, or just plan gave up on us ever buying anything from them. Anyway they seem to be gone, and I for one couldn't  be happier.

Lets party!!!!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Kayje wrote
on Nov 6, 2011 8:49 PM

I think you just need better registration spam protection.

Just ask some tricky question ;)

my first jewelry blog: Kay Jewelers Coupons Hmm

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Dec 4, 2011 8:25 AM

Yesterday I received a couple thousand spam emails from 'Beading Daily'. It was obviously not actually from any BD employee so I deleted them all.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Dec 4, 2011 8:54 AM

Bright Circle those are all coming from the person spamming your swap/challenge thread! It emails you every time someone responds to a thread that you started...and that one is already over 4000 spams messages! That so totally sucks for all of you that are following that thread and getting all of those emails!

I think it was Wolfy who has also started a thread about this particular spammer...she's getting all the emails too! And I have reported them to the moderators...

But this spammer really needs to be stopped....thousands of spam posts in one day is ridiculous! It has been going non stop for over 14 hours now! That thread is almost at 200 pages now! crazy!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Dec 4, 2011 3:50 PM

Well over 300 pages now.  They are now using a different name.   It seems quite odd to me that they picked that one particular thread to spam.  I created a filter on my email this morn to delete all emails coming from this site for now.  So annoying.  They should ban the ip range.  

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,958
SEllen 2 wrote
on Dec 6, 2011 7:23 PM

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up that on the sister site JMD at least one member is being spammed through the "Friends Request" option.

I've been reporting these spammers all day it seems. Angry Super Angry

I know Jen & the techs are trying cause I got an email about one of my reports saying it was taken care of & deleted.

But then those others started showing up.

What a PITA!!!!

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,041
Editor
on Dec 7, 2011 11:32 AM

I just posted a note in the reporting forums, but I'll post it here, as well.

Thank you to everyone who has been reporting the spammers to us. We're working on finding a solution to this problem, and meanwhile, we're trying to keep up with it as best we can. If you see ANY spam in the forums, please report it as such and we'll take care of it as soon as possible!

Thanks so much for your patience as we work through this issue here on the forums! Not fun for anyone, I can assure you!

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS