EARLY BIRD DEADLINE is APRIL 2nd!

This post has 17 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Mar 9, 2010 4:15 PM

Don't miss the APRIL 2 early bird deadline for the 2010 Bead Star Competition! Get your fabulous entries in and be entered for the random prize drawing.

Good luck!

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Mar 10, 2010 2:53 AM

Almost done with my entries.  My goal is to enter something for every category this year.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Mar 10, 2010 9:35 AM

Thats my goal too, although admittedly I am not on track. Have only 3 done so far. A few of the categories have me stumped at the moment. At least I can get those 3 in for the early bird deadline!

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Mar 10, 2010 9:53 AM

Okay this is a stupid question but what EXACTLY is BeadStar?  I mean, all I have gathered thus far about the mag is that it is a mag based on competition?  How does that work?  Just wondered!

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Mar 11, 2010 6:53 AM

Basically, you submit jewelry designs made using simple techniques (stringing, simple wirework ie wrapped loop links) in one of the following categories: crystals, glass, designs with heart, metals, pearls, plastics, seed beads, stones, and under $25.  The judging staff narrows the entries down to 20 finalists in each category, and then the general public gets to vote for their favorites in each category.  The winners (top 3 plus honorable mentions) get published in the Bead Star magazine in December, plus win scads of prizes.

All the details are at www.beadstar.com.  You should enter something Kelly!  Erin has won several prizes, and I made the top 20 in metals last year.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Mar 11, 2010 7:51 AM

Hmmmm shall I enter again is the question????? Have to think about it. Would like to get something in just for the early bird chance but don't know if I'll have time. 

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Mar 11, 2010 9:15 AM

Thanks Jeni for that explination...that really does sound interesting!  I have a couple other questions...when you enter a piece do you have to have instructions on how to make it and do you enter via submitting a photo kinda like Use the Muse?  I really think it would be awesome to enter something...and I might just do it...depending on if I can find something I already have since the deadline is coming on fast.  Would be interesting if a last minute entry did well!  =)  Thanks again!

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Mar 11, 2010 9:54 AM

If you're chosen as a winner you have to submit instructions, so you'd want to pick something that's fairly straightforward.  There are guidelines on the website for how they need to be written I believe.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Mar 11, 2010 9:56 AM

Hi Lyilha,

pretty much all of your questions are answered if you read through the rules posted on the beadstar website at www.beadstar.com. You do have to write instructions with full materials list and resources if you win, just like if you submit to any of the publications. If you enter the under $25 category, you have to submit receipts.

Jeni pretty much covered the basics, but all the specific stuff like what size to make your photos, etc. is listed in the rules. NO beadweaving of any kind is allowed--just stringing techniques and simple wire work. (one of the reasons I like this contest!) Basically the kinds of projects you would find in Stringing magazine.

I encourage everyone to NOT enter so I will have a better chance of winning. ;-)

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Mar 11, 2010 9:59 AM

Funny Erin!  I suppose at least a few people have to enter so they can get enough projects to fill up the magazine. :)

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
MarieG10 wrote
on Mar 17, 2010 7:51 AM

[(I encourage everyone to NOT enter so I will have a better chance of winning. ;-)]

LOL  Erin, that was just WRONG [:), but very funny.   I am CRUSHED and APPAULED and lauging my head off.   And to think, you have been my inspiration to enter all along.  But don't worry, I doubt I am much competition for you. 

Good luck everyone.  I hope we all just fill up the 2010 Beadstar Mag.

Marie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Mar 19, 2010 11:13 AM

Woohoo, I got all my submissions in today!  Now I can relax and work on my Muse kit which arrived with hubby this afternoon...

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 193
KrispyCakes wrote
on Mar 30, 2010 10:02 AM

Just entered 6 categories. Now my stomach is in knots! I always have to worry if I submitted everything correctly, which I think I did, but I still worry!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Mar 30, 2010 10:03 AM

I'm sure it's fine.  The waiting is the hardest part...

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 193
KrispyCakes wrote
on Mar 30, 2010 10:20 AM

I have to agree with that! I am so ansty, but I have a looong time to wait! Smile

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS