Looking for apple seeds and dragonflies

This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Mar 7, 2010 9:21 AM

I'm looking for some apple seeds.  They used to be strung like this:  (not my picture)  http://www.goantiques.com/scripts/images,id,1418015.html

also, some dragonfly wings beads like these....

now that's my picture and it's awful, but those are the wings I'm looking for.  I had some that I got at Michaels and now I can't find any.  There aren't any Michael's nearby here and we've looked everywhere else.

I don't know what anyone would like to trade for these things but we have a lot of good beads, etc., and I'm willing to negotiate.

Thanks all of you!

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Mar 7, 2010 9:51 AM

Pam I think I have the silvertone wings like this, I would have to check my stash. Otherwise I could always check here at my local Michaels cause I'm pretty sure they still carry them. 

What metal color were you looking for?

Those apple seeds on that necklace looked cooler than sliced bread!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Mar 7, 2010 10:28 AM

Pam, they have them on AB.  Here is the link.

http://search.artbeads.com/?lcr=1&view=&q=dragonfly+wings

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Mar 7, 2010 11:10 AM

Pam ~ I used to have some of those "appleseed necklaces", if I can find them I could send you one.  Also, I have some wings but I'm not sure if they are for dragonflies, angels or fairies.  I'll check & let you know about them also.  Good Luck with your projectCool

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Mar 7, 2010 1:52 PM

Thanks Cat.  I'm looking for silver metal color.  These that we had were pewter-like.  We've used all we had making dragonfly earrings so I'd love some more.  It might work out for you to check at Michaels for us at some point.  I'm not really ready to buy much until the beginning of April though.  I'll email you...

Lina, thank you for the link, that's them.  That's super that they have those there!  That's more than I can spend right now but I'll keep that link for them. 

Melinda, I'll email you.  Whatever you're willing to part with we can probably use so thanks!  If you do have some apple seeds that would be great, if not thanks for looking.

Pam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Mar 22, 2010 4:22 AM

Hi Pam,

I don't know if you still need the silver wings... I found some in my stash and can mail them to you for free is you still need them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Apr 4, 2010 9:25 AM
Hi Pam, I also saw abunch of these on ebay at the store "lovelybeadskw". They had lots of different metal colors and all started at .99 cents. I forgot to look at shipping cost. Sorry. Hope this helps. Mary in Myrtle Beach

Mary

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Loco Coco Designs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 4, 2010 10:22 AM

Thank you Mary, I will check that out. 

Pam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Apr 22, 2010 11:38 PM

Pam,

Just thought I'd let you know I've been looking for a necklace of the apple seeds since you first posted this. I know I used to have a strand....either my mother or grandmothers....can't find them anywhere ! If I come across them in the attic or some other 'put in a safe place for now' spot....willl let you know.

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 24, 2010 1:04 AM

Evalie, thank you.  There's no need to search high and low for these though, I just want them, I don't need them for anything in particular. 

Pam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Apr 24, 2010 6:27 PM

I'll still keep my eyes open, Pam. I know there were some around here, but don't know where they were put. Sometimes having four generations worth of accumulation is a pain.......and sometimes it's awesome. Love the personal history.....Hate the organization!

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS