Please help! Do you know where to get this organizer?

This post has 14 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jan 27, 2010 10:38 PM

Hi Everyone!

Can anyone help me identify this organizer?  I really want to buy a couple more of them but can't seem to find them anywhere?  Does anyone know of a store I can get them, or even who makes them?

Thanks!

containers 001
containers 002

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 28, 2010 1:57 AM

I can't say I've seen one where the lid comes off entirely, but you can get similar containers at either a hardware store or a craft store like Hobby Lobby or Michaels.  I have a whole stack of them that look almost identical except for the lid which is hinged on one side.

Welcome to the fourms, by the way!  This is helpful group so perhaps someone else has seen these.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 791
on Jan 28, 2010 10:00 AM

Hmmmmmm ... I had 2 of those exact trays stolen during a break in of my apartment back in October, both of which I used to store some of my pearls and MOP.  I love them, each slot has 2 curved sides and 2 flat sides.

Not saying anything, other than hmmmmmm ...

Not Ranked
Posts 10
vickiweir wrote
on Jan 28, 2010 12:29 PM

Yep.  Michaels or Joanne Fabrics.  I have a bunch I don't even use any more.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jan 28, 2010 1:25 PM

Sunrise Jewelry, Surprise  that sucks!  sorry to hear that!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jan 28, 2010 1:27 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome JSmaz!  :)

I looked at MIchael's website, as well as JOanne's.  Also Fire Mt Gems, eBay, Google, etc.  It's driving me absolutely NUTS!  I specifically liked these because the covers match the dividers so the beads don't go from one section to the next when the box is closed.

I've had suggestions to go to Home Depot and places like that, so I think that's my next step...  Thanks!!!  :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Jan 28, 2010 3:43 PM

I too have seen them at Walmart, but the lids do not come off...pretty neat!!!!  You did mention something about exchanging with someone for something else.  The way this site works is that you would post that in the barter section of the forum, but if you ask me, I don't see why here would be any different...most everyone reads from all the forums anyway, but you want to put it in the barter sectionas well just to follow the rules.Wink

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Beadiecat wrote
on Jan 28, 2010 4:24 PM

That's a good idea.  Put your request in the barter section, and maybe vickweir will trade with you for something since she doesn't use hers.

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 56
cool_moon wrote
on Jan 28, 2010 7:20 PM

Try the fishing gear section of your local sporting good store....

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jan 29, 2010 12:17 AM

You guys totally ROCK!!!

I ended up getting the info on these.  They are made by a company called Eagle affiliates.  They are called Craftstor Bead Trays.  Unfortunately, all of the listed vendors don't seem to carry these anymore.  But at least now I know what they are called.

Thanks to EVERYONE on here.  you guys are fantastic!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!  :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 29, 2010 1:09 AM

Glad we could help, and hope you are able to buy them somewhere eventually!  Posting in the Bead Barter section couldn't hurt.  If Vicki doesn't use hers, she may well be willing to trade, or you could send a private email and possibly make an offer for them. Just a thought.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jan 29, 2010 2:44 AM

Vicki is a dear.  She offered them up to me for just shipping.  When I told her i really wanted to send her something she suggested donating some money to Haiti.  So very concerned, considerate and generous of her.  What a sweetheart!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 554
CryssT wrote
on Jan 29, 2010 4:44 PM

Sunrise Jewelry, do you live within 25 miles of Byronthemonkey? because your comment is a cheap shot as you worded it and casts aspersions.

a much better response would be - /sigh i used to have 2 of those but they were stolen. i really miss that kind of container.

then i could be very empathetic to your plight

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 791
on Jan 29, 2010 5:47 PM

Now who's making cheap shots, CryssT?  I tell you what, you come walk a day in my shoes, then cast your judgements on me and tell me how I should speak.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on May 5, 2012 3:47 PM

Hi there...not sure where to get these but I use a flip top rectangular container to store my small crystals, headpins, and other small beads.  They are hard to find but Dee's place has a supply.  I like them because the box comes with individual rectangular boxes that I can remove and take with me if I have a particular project I'm working on -- that way I only take with me what I need rather than a big box.  The email address is www.beadsbydee.com.  Hope this helps.....Marlene

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS