Triangle weave bracelet

This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 73
Louweasel wrote
on Jan 23, 2010 9:19 AM

What the title suggests! In size eleven seeds beads - "gold lustered african sunset", galvanised gold (must buy better quality next time as finish rubbing off even before the first wear!) and matte galvanised deep blue.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Jan 23, 2010 9:22 AM

Whoa!!!! LOVE this! I MUST learn this stitch, the moment I saw it, a design idea popped into my head!

It's just lovely! So feminine, but with that cool architectural edge to it!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Jan 23, 2010 10:04 AM

Nice! It takes triangle weave to bigger heights than I normally do.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 73
Louweasel wrote
on Jan 23, 2010 10:25 AM

Thanks! NicoleT It was my first attempt at triangle weave and I found it pretty easy to grasp so definitely try it. Not dissimilar to RAW in the way you go round and round and change directions iyswim. 

I was searching for a "graph" paper online to design it but to no avail - however another UK beader sent me  a suitable paper (isometric lines so it forms triangles that fit together in the same way as triangle weave. She sent several sheets so if you need some to do your design I would be happy to copy a few for you and send them.

I like the flat open fluidity of it - worn, it almost looks like it is body art, similar to a henna tattoo or something. The stitch doesn't stretch like netting but it has the same lacy quality, but the traingle shapes are also somehow more feminine that the boxy grid of RAW. 

It's funny you should mention the architectural quality - when i saw the stitch I could see how stars could feature in the patter then the colours of deep red, a dull matte blue and red, were inspired by Byzantine architecture; the colours, patterns and tiling. Or at least, the idea of that in my head - never been to Istanbul!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,018
ingrid@38 wrote
on Jan 23, 2010 2:21 PM

This is very well done. My first attempt was nothing remotely close to this. Very nice indeed. 

Ingrid

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ingridwang69

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Jan 23, 2010 3:37 PM

hahaha, if you look at my avatar photo... see the iron fence behind me? That was taken in Istanbul and I'm sitting on the lawn at the Sultan's Harem.

Most of Istanbul is very modern, but you can visit the archeological sites like the Haga Sofia, Blue Mosque and the Harem and see exactly what you're thinking of! Istanbul has got to be one of my favorite cities I've ever visited. It's wonderful! The people are wonderful too!

I'm going to try Triangle weave, but I don't have high hopes that mine will be as lovely as yours at all. I'm able to do just about any weave stitch except RAW! It drives me batty to be honest! I mess the stitches up left and right ... it's a mess. haha. But I'm going to try this anyway!

The idea that popped into my head was a mixed media approach... I thought this would maybe be lovely appliqued on lace or leather or both!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Jan 23, 2010 7:07 PM

Lovely! The color combo is classic!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 23, 2010 8:39 PM

Thanks for sharing the photos. I have spent countless hours trying to teach myself the "Triangle" I tried it with short and long Bugle beads, #3 squares, seed beads,

These are abosolutely Beautiful. I love the colors and the Evolution of design. you can almost see the wheels turn.

so I get it Now! The fact I just don't get it!Crying I never give up! So Back to Triangle Lesson.(I will post a photo(or scan copy)When I do finally get it. I don't have much hopes of anything this Advanced.

You did a Terrific Color combo on this, and it looks Elegant!

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Jan 24, 2010 2:09 AM

Beautiful! Looks like lace. And the colors are a great choice.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 24, 2010 2:19 AM

That turned out very well Lou!  I can totally see how you could do some great Moorish-influenced patterns with that stitch.  That was one of the things I loved about Spain-the details of the architecture.  I could happily live in the Alhambra in Granada just so I could wander around and examine all the different patterns in the stone & tiles every day.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Jan 24, 2010 11:22 AM

Nice work!  It does look like it would have the appearance of body art when it's being worn... 

Pam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Jan 24, 2010 2:28 PM

Lou,

This is pretty!!

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 668
beadorigami wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 5:56 PM

Very nice bracelet! I love triangle weave and this bracelet shows it off very nicely!

Cindy ~ Bead Origami

Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Etsy

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
JKD Studio wrote
on Feb 6, 2010 4:36 AM

I love the colors and the pattern of this.  I have one started and it has been sitting on the desk in my studio for the last 8 months.  Maybe I should send it to you to finish?????????    jeannie

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 252
kathi@46 wrote
on Feb 6, 2010 5:59 AM

It;s beautiful it must feel so slinky on the wrist. I agree with Pam's comment about it resembling body art. Can I whether you used 1 or 2 needles.

Kathi

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS