Where can I find Bump in the Road pattern

This post has 30 Replies | 9 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on May 20, 2010 5:17 PM

Yes, I know, Lody...I didn't mean confusion on either Deb or you...I meant in that the design was not mine.  This post is so old from like January and had forgotten all about cus I never heard anything else so I wanted to make that clarification so as to not confuse the people that were asking for it.   I actually thought I had posted that what I had was called something else and that is why I clarified it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on May 20, 2010 7:19 PM

Hey Beverly, glad to see you here.Big Smile I've lurked at your blog last night for quite a while and enjoyed your fabulous creations.

Lina, I understand what you mean... and your helping nature. A lot of times, we tend to get excited when we know we can help somebody. :)

I'm touchy when it comes to copyright coz I had a terrible experience last year from a stitcher who shared my "original" finishing instructions (with photos) on her blog, just few days after my design was published on a magazine. I didn't found out about it 'til a month later when another stitcher emailed me and gave me the link. The other sad part is, the violator never mentioned me as the designer/finisher... therefore, other stitchers who visit her blog thinks it was her original creation. I, of course, had to leave a comment (very nicely), by simply saying "Thank you for stitching that piece, it's one of my original work".. that's it! As guilty as she was,  she emailed me back saying she doesn't understand what I wrote in the comment section coz she can only speak Spanish... though some comments in there are English. I was still nice to her (w/o even mentioning to remove the copyrighted instructions yet), when I gave her the "Google Translator" website so she can translate what I wrote, or ask one of her friends who can understand English to translate it for her... Then I explained to her my stand about copyright... that things like that from the magazine doesn't have to be shared on a blog where everybody can get it for free... that I will remain the copyright holder of that original design. To cut the story short, she removed the PDF file of my creation there after few emails, but she started blogging (bad things mind you... LOL) about me... That she purchased the magazine and can do whatever she wants with it coz she OWNS the magazine... That she can share any pattern from that magazine... That she will never buy or stitch Embarrassedany of my embroidery patterns again... That good and new creations like mine should be shared for free so many stitchers can enjoy how to do that kind of finishing... BLAH BLAH BLAH. Still, I'm glad that many of my loyal customers (specially those in US and France) who enjoy my creations, serve as my online police most of the time. LOL

Sorry that the topic was side-tracked...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on May 21, 2010 10:56 AM

I certainly know what you mean, Lody and you are right....  I like to create a lot of peyote patterns which they teach at my lbs and I teach as well.  I let them know up front that they can share it, but that they let people know where they got it from.  You never know if it works or not though.  I can't believe she would write anything bad...that is awful!!!!  I like to share instructions on my website but only share those from anyone who wants to give it to me to share with the viewers.  I would never put someone else's works instructions there...I would put their link but to blatanly do that without permission...heck no.  I often say that if you just ask the designers...9 out of 10 will tell you go on ahead just make sure you give me the credit.  And you didn't side track this topic...I think it is a good thing for people to know these things because I think sometimes, we are all caught up in that copyright issue when we aren't the designers who others are infringing on.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on May 22, 2010 5:15 PM

Oh my gosh, really, I have a beading magazine at my house that has the picture and details in it. Its just peyote stitch with diferent sizes of beads.

Hope you all have a great day Big Smile

"Dream Big"

Not Ranked
Posts 2
abathiaknapp wrote
on Mar 9, 2011 7:31 AM

I would really like this pattern thank you you can reach me at tabathiaknapp@yahoo.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 9, 2011 11:08 AM

I haven't a site for the pattern, but how it is done is that you increase the size of the bead from say 11/0 to maybe a 3 or 4mm fire polished bead going by several different size leaps, then decrease them in the same order. Hope you understand my mumble jumble and this will help you.

Also it's not a good idea to post your address on the site. You are setting yourself up for a lot spam. If anyone whats to get you an e-mail they can do it without posting your e-mail address here. All they need to do is click on your profile and click on send e-mail. Unless you reply the person or person will never know your e-mail address, it is a much safer way.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 478
Calico3 wrote
on Mar 10, 2011 6:17 AM

AnnM@94:
Its just peyote stitch with diferent sizes of beads.

What she said...

I made a bracelet with a bumpy texture (The Last Pumpkin) last year that I came up with by experimenting after I realized I had lime green beads in 4 different sizes.  I'm a little bit confused as to how someone can own this when it's just peyote stitch, unless the bracelet is being copied exactly.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 10, 2011 4:55 PM

Calico3:
I'm a little bit confused as to how someone can own this when it's just peyote stitch, unless the bracelet is being copied exactly

I believe it is what they did with the peyote stitch, increasing and decreasing the size of the beads to make the bumps. Peyote stitch is not copyright able  however,  the design made with the stitch is. Does that make sense?

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
SusanD@31 wrote
on Mar 13, 2012 5:39 PM

Would you please send me the pattern for " bump in the road".  Thanks.  Sue

Not Ranked
Posts 1
faith butler wrote
on Mar 20, 2013 12:40 PM

I would like the beading pattern for this bracelet.     Thank you.    Faith Butler

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Mar 21, 2013 9:12 PM

faith butler:
I would like the beading pattern for this bracelet.
Faith:  look at the last post on page one -- the designer left her contact information for her pattern.  Best you contact her -- if she's still there; posted May 20, 2010.  If not, do a search.

Ottercat Coffee

03-21-13 (1911 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 567
Beadiecat wrote
on Mar 22, 2013 1:45 PM

Beverly@60:

The picture and pattern belong to me.

It can be purchased here.

http://www.bead-patterns.com/shop/shop.php?method=itemnumber&keywords=12006

Thanks,

Beverly Herman

http://www.noeasybeads.com

For the people who don't realize that this is a "zombie" post, here is the contact information again. Big Smile

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 22, 2013 3:52 PM

Here is Beverly Herman's blog site. if you click on her full profile you will find a link to where you can e-mail her. 

http://noeasybeads.blogspot.com/

I am sure she will be willing to help you out.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
HannaBanana wrote
on Jul 19, 2013 6:09 PM

Yes, I believe that is the pattern. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
PMVest wrote
on Aug 26, 2013 9:15 PM

I have purchased your pattern for this bracelet.  I've been told the instructions for this bracelet was in a Beadwork magazine about 3 or 4 years ago.  I'm trying to find that magazine.

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS