Seed Bead Ring

This post has 6 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Dec 30, 2009 4:15 PM

Thanks for taking the time to read my desperate plea!!!  I have been searching high and low to figure out how to make this amazing ring that I have recently seen.  To give a quick description it is a stretch seed bead band and then the top of the ring looks like fringe or a funky flower.  I am going to post 2 links below to the only pictures I could find of this ring:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=36196162&ref=sr_list_20&&ga_search_query=seed+bead+ring&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=8&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

http://compare.ebay.com/like/200397014891

I have search the internet, as well as books and cannot find a thing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated or even a point in the right direction!

Thanks so very very much!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 909
Cindy Daniel wrote
on Dec 30, 2009 4:24 PM

That is cute! I'm not sure about the stretch part, but the first one looks like a peyote band with a LOT of fringe on top! 

Find my tutorials at: JewelryTales.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Dec 31, 2009 2:59 AM

Not a clue where to get actual instructions, but it looks to me like a band done in netting stitch.  If it's stretchy, I'm guessing the band was stitched with elastic but if you wanted to make one just for yourself you could use regular thread and stitch it to fit exactly.  The fringe is pretty basic, just string several seed beads, skip the last bead, and pass back through the others.  I can't tell if the fringe is stitched directly to the ring base or to another beaded base.  I suppose you could do it either way.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Dec 31, 2009 10:32 AM

Yes the band is a net weave.  I don't know how it was made, but you could string 8 beads and push the needle back through the first 7 strung, repeating as many times as needed.  Or the eighth bead could be a size 15° bead, possibly clear.  You should secure the end ot the thread to the band first, [maybe to a bead attached to the band, not part of it,] then pass under a thread in the band before stringing the next beads [or pass through the bead previously attached.]  First I would try it without attaching any extra beads to the band.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 2, 2010 9:25 PM

Welcome to Beading Daily Forum.

I think the "Ladder Stitch" works well with elastic for Rings. the fringe,??? looks like it could be stitched to a Circular peyote or brick stitch.

It does not look "simple", so it most  likely IsWink..

( I think, I  would buy it, just to learn how its made)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 96
on Feb 6, 2010 12:55 AM

Speaking of rings, this one by Margot Field is gorgeous:

http://poppyfield.com/

Click on the Ring pattern Illustrations.

Sandy

Sandy

Down Under

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Feb 10, 2010 4:02 PM

It seems to me from looking at all the pictures on the ebay one that is made with a weave sort of pattern all the way around to make the ring and then you would add on the embellishments with appears to be seed beeds strung in a rown and then brought back from through beads and you would just continue on in this manner to achieve this look.  I hope you understand what I mean...I wish I knew how to mak patterns as I would make it and post it however, I am not that clever...I can certainly make this ring but know nothing about how to draw it for you to make it.  Sorry.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS