beaded beads

This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
ginette_zh wrote
on Dec 23, 2009 1:53 PM

hi all

easy techniques for beading newbies like me - effective - and highly addictive:

@beadorigami: yes - as soon as I am a more grown-up beader I will go to your Etsy store and get myself a copy of your "Disco beads" tutorial! I love them - but I don't dare to try so far...

merry christmas to all from Switzerland!

best regards, ginette

homepage  blog   flickr

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Dec 23, 2009 2:57 PM

Those are super cool... Thank you for sharingCool

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 672
beadorigami wrote
on Dec 23, 2009 5:54 PM

Ooo how pretty! These look like little candies; I could just eat them all up! I like how you used so many different color combinations, and how you incorporated crystals into the top row too. 

Thanks for your kind words about my Disco Ball beaded beads Smile. They're definitely an advanced design, so I understand if you don't want to try them right away. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Merry Christmas too!

Cindy ~ Bead Origami

Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Etsy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 939
on Dec 23, 2009 8:35 PM

The style reminds me of the 'spinning top' beads at Beadinfinitum.com ?

The colors are gorgeous!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
ginette_zh wrote
on Dec 23, 2009 9:45 PM

beadsbeadingbeaded:

The style reminds me of the 'spinning top' beads at Beadinfinitum.com ?

@erin

yes, the beads on the upper picture are made with the same fringe system like the "spinning top" beads (great inspiration and instructions). by the way: I saw a similar design on the front page of a German beading Magazine. as I didn't look inside I don't know how those ones were made.

as I like larger (and glittery) beads I put wood beads of 12 mm diameter and polaris beads of 14 mm diameter inside, made more fringes and used crystals for the middle row in my "second try". the other ones are simply netted with core and one is a "torus (ring) bead" after a tutorial I found at rightangleweave.com - I need to practise right angle weave so that one fine day I can face the "Disco Ball" Big Smile! I have also tried to use Peyote to cover core beads, but as far as now it is not my liking...

@all: THANK you for encouraging!

best regards, ginette

homepage  blog   flickr

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 711
LitaC2 wrote
on Dec 24, 2009 6:33 AM

How very lovely - this looks like something I definitely will have to try.  Thank yo for sharing.

Lita

Please see my projects at Stoneheart Beads

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Dec 24, 2009 8:22 AM

Those are fun-simple technique with great results!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 911
Cindy Daniel wrote
on Dec 24, 2009 9:50 AM

Those are gorgeous! Cindy at Bead Origami writes wonderful tuts; her instructions are very clear and her diagrams are awesome. Go for it!!! 

Find my tutorials at: JewelryTales.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 672
beadorigami wrote
on Dec 28, 2009 3:37 PM

Aww... Thanks Cindy! You're so sweet!

Cindy Daniel also has a couple of beaded bead tutorials in her Etsy shop. Her beaded beads are so neat and unique too; they're not like anything else I've ever seen!

Cindy ~ Bead Origami

Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Etsy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 650
AndreaM226 wrote
on Dec 30, 2009 12:52 PM

What fun!  I love the picture of them all piled up, like a little jewel box.  I think you're beaded beads are lovely.

Andrea

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 161
ConnieS56 wrote
on Dec 30, 2009 5:26 PM

These are so cool!  I want to do them now, but I should practice a little soldering before an advanced class I'm taking the 23rd.  Too much fun stuff out there, too little time!

A messy desk is indicative of a creative mind. Big Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 540
JKD Studio wrote
on Dec 31, 2009 6:15 AM

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE NEW AT THIS.  THESE ROCK!  THEY KIND OF LOOK LIKE PRETTY ROCKS.  jeannie

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS