new beading daily format

This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Dec 10, 2009 10:10 PM

HI everyone! Surprise! You wrote, we listened, so yes, things are changing and we're hard at work smoothing out everything. Speed will pick up. You all sound patient so thanks for that as we give the heave-ho to expected technology hiccups. I can't say more yet except an official announcement is forthcoming. You early birds got the sneak peeks. So welcome to our new home!

And I love that little hamster. Clearly a star!

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 164
momma9 wrote
on Dec 11, 2009 5:43 AM

Good morning!

WOW!  The new look was quite a surprise!  I did a double look to make sure I was at the correct place! 

I am so excited about the ability to post pics easier!  I have some items that I have not posted because it was easier to not post.  I tend to think I am pretty smart at the computer, but the pic posting was just out of my grasp!  I was unable to post pic and preferred not to post a link.  I am now very excited to take some pics of my new bracelets and show them off to this wonderful community!

Congrats on the new look, just in time for the new year.

Peace and love,

Diane

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Dec 11, 2009 6:27 AM

Leslie-- the new format looks great, the pic posting is MUCH nicer, and I'm sure you all will be finding the bugs and fixing them. From what I've seen, your transition is going quite smoothly! The site is up and running, and while there are ALWAYS going to be bugs and problems, they would appear to be minor. SO 5 stars to your web and tech crew for a GREAT switchover!

Lois

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 37
Radegunde wrote
on Dec 11, 2009 7:45 AM

The new format is a bit slow for me as well, but now even I succeed in loading up photos, so I'm very happy with it! Yes

Radegunde

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Dec 11, 2009 10:23 AM

Today the site is running faster for me. Hopefully for everyone else too. And I posted my first pic on the reader showcase! Wow, thats pretty cool. I'm sure I will be posting more in the future. Thanks for making that so much easier. I'm getting used to the changes, now, and welcome the improvements!

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Dec 11, 2009 12:26 PM

I'm a bit faster on base loading times since my browser has the layout cached now, but on threads with new pics, it is still kinda bad. I'm pretty sure that it will get better as they keep debugging. New sites tend to be like that for a little while until everything gets 'settled' as it were. I worked as a webmaster for about a year and a half and I understand that concept bigtime. Give it a few days and everything should level out.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Dec 11, 2009 8:29 PM

Leslie R:
HI everyone! Surprise

Will you be bringing back the Contact 'button'?  Sometimes it is good to contact a writer off-site without bothering the others.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
MarieG10 wrote
on Dec 12, 2009 9:09 AM

I love the new look.  Seems easier to navigate now.  No slow down on my end.  The new pic feature is WONDERFUL.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Dec 12, 2009 10:09 AM

I solved my problem with the posts, I now have them looking like bold face type.  The highlights are also visible [barely] as purple type -- blue was easier to see for me.  I find I must still enlarge the "REPLY TO:" page by two more sizes and thus must move the page from side-to-side to look for the underlined spelling errors, so I am moving the page back and forth when composing my posts.  Adding the spell-check feature does help me to find my typos -- thank you for adding that.

TNX

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Dec 19, 2009 6:51 AM

I haven't said anything yet as I was awaiting any changes that might be made. The black fontface is MUCH easier to read, but I think that the default font size should be increased by at least one notch as well. I'm not trying to be insulting as I am a part of this group, but some of us aren't spring chickens anymore and even with my reading glasses, it is still kind of smallish and hard to read. I also agree that the lavender colored 'already been clicked links' leaves a lot to be desired. I know that this is the default color, but it just kinds of "fades" into the background as it were and makes it very difficult for us old farts(yes, I went there! *grinz*) to see. Both of these can be changed with just a few keystokes so no one should complain about something that small, ya know. Jus' my 2 bits.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Dec 19, 2009 7:50 AM

The new look is nice.  Sometimes at work, at break, I'd hop on the site and see what was new.   Bad thing is - with the new changes, I can't pull the site up at all at work - it's now a restricted site.    So, I have to wait until I get home to check things out.

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Dec 19, 2009 8:03 AM

P. S.   I forgot to say that I, too, miss seeing where everyone is from.

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Dec 20, 2009 7:24 AM

Yes, I would agree that not seeing where someone is from is a step in the wrong direction. I would like to see that back in place somewhere on the postings.

I agree that the purple is hard to see. Not only for those that have eye sight issues, but I get headaches from light. So all the white with pale writing is a little hard for me sometimes. I can't seem to stay on at one time as I used to. ( Although Hubby may think that is a good thing! LOL! )

The size of the font is okay for me, but I can see where it would be nice to have it one size up in general for everyone. If it makes it easier for some, then by all means, I think it should be put on the "Wish List".

Just my thoughts...

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS