About Beading Daily

This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Dec 4, 2009 2:46 PM

Dear Beading Daily Community,
In the last few weeks we had an awkward situation that seemed to create confusion as to how Beading Daily is run.  I'd like to clarify what Beading Daily’s purpose is and share how we can all be a part of the site with more awareness for everyone's position. To help do this we’ve created some Community Guidelines for our site. They can be found under the Community Center forums.

The site is here primarily for education and sharing, both good things and hard things.  When it comes to sharing hard things, its best to keep the post as respectful as possible, even if you're fuming.  The atmosphere here needs to be as open as possible, so that everyone can be heard for their advice, position and concerns.  However, emotional posting puts us all in a hard place, and Beading Daily reserves the right to remove content that can be damaging to the whole site and our community.  Please read the new Guidelines that I've created as these are also part of our Terms of Use for using the Beading Daily website.  If you have further questions or concerns about this, let me know.

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Dec 4, 2009 2:48 PM

Thank you for both explanatory postings.

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Dec 4, 2009 2:52 PM

You are welcome, Melinda!

Leslie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 4, 2009 2:59 PM

In Consideratiion for all those who read the forum, I would like to make my "Response directly to Interweave, as to "Billy Z" being removed from Moderator."

Would you be so kind as to E Mail me, to Whom? I should direct my concerns?

While Interweave owns this Forum, We are all "Promoting Interweave Publications" and I have been in the Business World, most of my life.

It is a sad day for all of us,Regular Participants for Billy Z to be Removed with out a Probationary warning.

I would like to address any further comments directly to Interweave Publications.

Thank You!

Rev.Mary Berg

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Dec 5, 2009 4:42 AM

Your "new" guidelines have been here all along and have until recently been well respected for the most part.  Please register my strong objection to the double standard...ie: it's not okay for members to advertise, but Beadalon can do anything they like...such as have unflattering posts removed...anyone who objects is subject to censure.  It's also interesting that members aren't allowed to post the same message multiple times but that's okay for staff.

Interesting place.  These forums have been wonderful.  I wonder what they will become now.

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Dec 5, 2009 10:37 AM

Pam:

Your "new" guidelines have been here all along and have until recently been well respected for the most part.  Please register my strong objection to the double standard...ie: it's not okay for members to advertise, but Beadalon can do anything they like...such as have unflattering posts removed...anyone who objects is subject to censure.  It's also interesting that members aren't allowed to post the same message multiple times but that's okay for staff.

Interesting place.  These forums have been wonderful.  I wonder what they will become now.

Pam

And I find that the multiuple posts by staff members are insulting my my intelligence as well as that of the other members - it insinuates that we are not bright enough to realize what is meant, without that repetition.

Will the next step be criticism of spelling, grammar, and and sentence construction?

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Dec 5, 2009 12:13 PM

"Thanks" to the BD staff and I think we now "got it"! Wink

And to all members: I hope you still will be here after this uproar. I'd miss you if not! These forums would not exist without you. Always remember that.......Stick out tongue (I wonder if that smiley is..........ah, what do I know!)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 6, 2009 7:45 AM

Please all of you who know me, Just Read Between the Lines, Devil.

________________________________________(this two can be censored)

Special Thanks to all the members, "There really were duplicate post" Dad Gumit, I thought I was just getting "Senile".

Gyspy Mary

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Dec 7, 2009 9:00 PM

Please undertand multiple staff posts are nothing more than our sincere effort to make sure we reach every member with information we believe is important. Not every member checks into every location with the same level of dedication and frequency as some.

Thanks for your comments.

--Leslie

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Dec 7, 2009 9:22 PM

Dear Mary,

I assure you that your posts on the forums reach Interweave.

Plase know that I discussed the situation with Billy at least twice about the possibility of a temporary removal as a Mod. So, he did indeed have what you call a probationary warning before his actual removal as a Mod.

He continues to be welcome--as does everyone--as a valued forum member.

Thank you for your shared thoughts.

Leslie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Dec 8, 2009 4:57 AM

Don't worry guys, I'm not going anywhere. I came here like all of us, looking for advice, tips, patterns and the other cool stuff, but I stayed because of the people and will continue to do so. Leslie had to do what she was told to, as her superiors were, and so on. They can't control the advertisers any more than they can control my mouth/fingers. *grinz*

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 8, 2009 3:35 PM

Dear Leslie,

Thank you for your response to my Inquiry.

Ps.12/10/09 Could you please let us know how to E-Mail a friend/Member on the Forum?

A.Does the Start Converstion on the tool bar replace the E mail option?

Thank You, Mary

Gyspy Mary

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS