Prayer Bead Swap- Sign Up Closed

This post has 182 Replies | 7 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
on Dec 28, 2009 10:43 PM

Once we all get the beads, I would love to hear why everyone chose what they did.  It was a lot harder to choose than I thought it would be.

Kirsten Coffee 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jan 1, 2010 2:12 PM

Sorry, I have been away to visit my son for his birthday. While I was gone, I got Dagi's and Jeni's. YEAH!

Jeni...my mom came to my house to look for your package. She was able to take the lambo to my nephew as he was getting ready to head back to school. For some reason, everyone that I told about the little replica car thought it was going to be flat. No...a car! So unfortunately, I have not even seen it yet! But they all LOVE it! Again, thanks!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 2, 2010 7:27 AM

Oh good, glad it got there safely and that he likes it!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,951
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jan 7, 2010 11:25 AM

Don't mean to be pushy but...Embarrassed

Where are we with this swap?

My last count was we were down to 6 waiting to be sent to Sheila. I'm kinda antsy with all posts on some of the other swaps having missing packages and all. I hope we haven't lost any.

I'm still looking forward to this - Hope you all are too.

sellenSmile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jan 7, 2010 3:39 PM

Funny that I was going to update everyone tonight...

I got Ann & Andrea's today! So that takes us up to 19 so we are waiting on two. If I am correct beads from Kia and Kimmie are still to come.

It is weird that I got nothing last Thursday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday and then got 2 today. So hopefully, I will get the other two this weekend.

I will post as soon as I get them! This weekend I am going to go ahead address envelopes, get some of the beads sorted and the descriptions started so that I can just add those two and hopefully get them out to everyone quickly.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 7, 2010 11:10 PM

Thanks Sheila, I am still excited about this swap.  I think,  these do take time to get everyones to you.

so Sending Good Thoughts and Hope you have the other two packages ASAP.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 157
on Jan 17, 2010 7:41 AM

Sheila, is mine not in yet?

The postal gods are reaaaaaaaaally not on my side....

-xo-
 Kimmie!

I bead and bead and bead and bead... And when I am not beading, I am taking pictures of my beadwork, blogging about it, or trying to sell it here and here...
Please take a look around, and let me know what you think...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jan 19, 2010 10:07 AM

Not unless it came today. Yesterday was a postal holiday here in the States. So I am still waiting on yours and Kia. I am at work so I don't know what I received if anything today. 

If I got anything today, I will post it tonight after I get home to check.

Here's to waiting... patiently? Beer

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jan 19, 2010 3:17 PM

Kimmie - I got yours today safe and sound! YEAH!

So that leaves just Kia's to go. I'll keep everyone posted!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Jan 19, 2010 3:28 PM

I'm sending mine off tomorrow so my person will get it on Thursday.  Don't forget to post pictures ladies so that we can all see what everyone made.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,951
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jan 19, 2010 3:33 PM

Sheila

Kia hasn't posted since Dec. 11 th. She stated then that she and her DH were just recovering from an illness. But she has not posted since. Unless she contacted you. 

I did send an e-mail once when she hadn't posted prior to the 11th then she posted on the 11th to appologize for not being active. I do hope she and her DH are alright.

Kia if you're lurking ... Please let us know you are alright.

I will keep you and yours in my prayers

sellen

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 650
AndreaM226 wrote
on Jan 19, 2010 6:40 PM

Sheila I'm a little confused (not an unusual state of affairs for me) - I put my beads in individual baggies with my name on it along with a description of the stone as the reason that I chose it.  Was I also supposed to take a picture of the bead so that I could post it with my name and the description/reason why I picked that particular bead?  Or are we all supposed to make our bracelets and then post pictures?  Sorry if I'm being a little dense here it just that some recent comments have me afraid that I got it wrong.

Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jan 20, 2010 10:04 AM

Andrea - You are fine! There were a couple that did put each bead in an individual ziploc baggie. Some included one note explaining why they send what they send. I am going ( Hopefully! ) so take pictures of the beads and send that back to everyone as a master listing if you will. I will also include an specific information about who sent what and why. 

If you want that included, you can send me an e-mail and I will add it to the note. Or once I ship them out and we decide, I will post the picture of all the beads with who sent what. Then if anyone wants to elaborate on their choice, they can do it then. 

I think I will send Kia an e-mail to see if she sent them. I will let everyone know. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,951
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jan 20, 2010 10:10 AM

AndreaM226:
- I put my beads in individual baggies with my name on it along with a description of the stone as the reason that I chose it. 

I did the same as you - so don't sweat it.

I'm sure once Sheila gets all the beads she'll let us know what, if anything else we need to do.

Relax if we messed it up we're in the same boat and we'll make it right.

sellenSmile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 4:55 PM

No one has mesed up! NO worries about this! There is nothing left for any of you to do except create your piece once you get the beads. Then, we can all post pictures of our personal creations if you all want to.

I did send Kia an e-mail the other day ( Wednesday ). So far, no response. I think that if I have not heard anything by Sunday, then I am going to go ahead and sort out the beads, photo/catalog them, and then on Monday ship them out. I will hang onto the extra bead from everyone on the off chance that I still get Kia's. Then I can simply ship hers and then all I have to ship is one bead to everyone else.

I hope that is okay with everyone. If not, please speak up so we can figure it all out together. I just don't feel that we should wait indefinitely. Plus, I will still have that set of beads for her if needed.

Thoughts?

Page 8 of 13 (183 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS