International Gem show this weekend Philly's Valley Forge Convention Center

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
secatreasure wrote
on Oct 22, 2009 7:23 AM

Is anyone planning to atted this weekend's Inter Gem show?  Just wanted to spread the word.  Friday-Sunday   www.intergem.com

If anyone has gone to this show before can you tell me if it's similiar to the beadfest?

I am hoping to stock up on some more great finds!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 711
LitaC2 wrote
on Oct 22, 2009 9:43 AM

I go to this show all the time - the only reason I'm not going is because I went to an InterGem show in Hartford (which was really small) the first weekend of October and the Whole Bead Show in NYC last weekend.

It's very different from BeadFest - this is truly a jewelry show - about 80% of the vendors sell finished jewelry - gold, precious stones, silver, etc.  There are always a lot of bead and pearl vendors, and you can get better prices because it's not a bead show.  This sounds odd - but it's been my experience that prices are generally better at an Intergem show than at BeadFest - I think because it is probably cheaper for the dealers (table and set up/contract costs).

I'll probably regret not going, but I can't go to EVERY beadshow, can I?

Please see my projects at Stoneheart Beads

Not Ranked
Posts 7
secatreasure wrote
on Oct 22, 2009 3:11 PM

Thanks for the info Lita 

I need to restock certain items so I'm glad it won't be as overwhelming as the beadfest.  Thanks for the tip on lower prices - as my budget was blown at the last bead show.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 711
LitaC2 wrote
on Oct 27, 2009 1:05 PM

Did you go?  Did you have fun?

Please see my projects at Stoneheart Beads

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS