nov/dec issue SBSB

This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Oct 18, 2009 11:49 AM

Just got my new issue. LOVED the color works challenge winners. They were all incredible! I would have liked to see bigger photos of all of these projects. The photos only showed a portion of each one.

This issue seemed to be overwhelmingly bead weaving projects, though, which is not my area of interest. Usually there is a more even mix. I'm guessing this is a sign of where things are headed with the merge to Beadwork. One or two token stringing or wire projects with a vast majority of bead weaving. None for me, thanks.

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Oct 18, 2009 6:27 PM

I would have to agree Erin. I just browsed through mine and it looks to be mostly beadweaving to me.

Didn't anybody catch the exposed threads on the blue and gold one before publishing? Just wondering.

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Oct 19, 2009 11:13 AM

I didn't notice that--I'll have to take a look.

Erin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Oct 19, 2009 11:26 AM

Oh my! right on the cover! Somebody's gonna have some 'splainin' to do.

that would have taken only a minute to photoshop that out--I'm sure just nobody noticed.

Erin

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Oct 19, 2009 11:29 AM

This transition makes me sad. I am a stringer and now my options are becoming more limited.

cb

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Oct 20, 2009 8:37 AM

Wish I could see this issue-we stopped getting SBSB over here and I don't subscribe.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Oct 20, 2009 8:44 AM

Hi, I would send you a copy of SBSB, Confused if I knew what SBSB stands for?:) (note I maybe the only one who doesn't know:))

Second, If you E Mail your address, I could mail you one.

(Assuming of course, they aren't all sold out.)

Just a thought my dear,

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Oct 20, 2009 8:47 AM

That would be Step By Step Beads, Mary. :)  Thank you for your offer, that's sweet of you!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Oct 20, 2009 9:03 AM

Say, Maybe I could talk DH into letting me," Hand Deliver":LOL, Oh! That would be just too much fun!

Mary

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Oct 20, 2009 9:05 AM

That'd be an expensive magazine, but I'd be happy to show you around Venice in return!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Oct 20, 2009 9:41 AM

Erin:

that would have taken only a minute to photoshop that out--I'm sure just nobody noticed.

Erin

Usually the first thing I notice in photos! I find a lot of my own mistakes in pictures I take of my stuff. For some reason it's just different looking at a photo than the actual piece to me. Guess I'm goofy!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 932
on Oct 21, 2009 8:03 AM

Cat :

Usually the first thing I notice in photos! I find a lot of my own mistakes in pictures I take of my stuff. For some reason it's just different looking at a photo than the actual piece to me. Guess I'm goofy!

You are NOT goofy at all! I have a picture in this issue too and hate the fact 'I did not photo manage it' as I should have! Of course, I had the chance, was even emailed once asking for another copy, but still thought I was sending something perfect. Now that I see it in print, I wish I had done something different. I learned something new and I promise not to let it happen again. So I guess it works out for me after all!! lol

Erin

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 293
Mikki335 wrote
on Oct 21, 2009 9:26 AM

One of my students brought me a copy to class...she's so dang sweet!

Erin:

Yep....they sure do....not only with the error you caught but in the Colorworks challenge they have me marked down as #9 being my entry when mine is actually #10.  However, they did spell my name right and that ain't easy.

They say the artists can be contacted through SBSB....having Dawn's (the real #9) and my pieces mismarked will cause some confusion if anyone does want to contact us.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Oct 21, 2009 9:54 AM

beadsbeadingbeaded:
You are NOT goofy at all!

Thanks Erin! :)

I'll have to go check the magazine again and see where you are in there! I usually just take a quick browse through, then read it thoroughly at night when I go to bed.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 293
Mikki335 wrote
on Oct 21, 2009 11:42 AM

Congrats Erin...gorgeous work, a well deserved double win!

I'd love to see it in person cos I have a feeling photos don't do it justice!

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS