Use The Muse III

This post has 210 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Oct 12, 2009 9:19 PM

Didn't Scarlett mention just buying a house and moving right before all this? I wonder if the move has been more hassle than she anticipated.

I'm worried too but then again there are other people that I would think would be in contact with her that could post on her blog or even comment here.

I know she does work in BeadWork, right? And her Mom and best friend help with the judging. I would think that if something has happened SOMEONE in her life would post on her blog, here or maybe even someone from Beadwork would let people know what was going on if she wasn't in a position to do so herself.

This is just weird. I hope everything is ok, I'm worried.

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 157
on Oct 12, 2009 11:26 PM

Cat :
I would think that if something has happened SOMEONE in her life would post on her blog, here or maybe even someone from Beadwork would let people know what was going on if she wasn't in a position to do so herself.

My point exactly.... Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

-xo-
 Kimmie!

I bead and bead and bead and bead... And when I am not beading, I am taking pictures of my beadwork, blogging about it, or trying to sell it here and here...
Please take a look around, and let me know what you think...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Oct 13, 2009 1:06 AM

For what it's worth it took roughly 2 weeks for my Artbeads order to get to me via first class shipping, which is about what I expected.  I actually got my kit and Artbeads order the same day, but the kit was shipped on Sept 16 and the Artbeads order was shipped Sept 25.  Artbeads is further away from me than Scarlett is, so no idea why her package took so long to get here.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Oct 13, 2009 1:32 AM

I really start to worry about Scarlett now! I had no personal contact with her so far, but what I read here, this seems so unlike her not to answer emails, not blogging etc.This is sad and I hope nothing bad happened to her or someone in her family.

I got my kit in time, but received no entry form so far. My centerpiece is finished and I'm designing the necklace now. But I'm so sorry for the people who didn't receive the kit so far. They pay an entry fee for a contest they couldn't enter and don't even have the beads. That makes me sad, plus we're gonna miss some great designs. Sad

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Oct 13, 2009 1:39 AM

I just went to the Beader's Muse website, and there's an update as of yesterday evening:

Dear USE THE MUSE Participants,

I am officially extending the deadline of submission for USE THE MUSE III to accommodate for some packages that did not make it to their International destinations as early as I would have liked.  The new deadline is November 9th, 2009 (giving you an additional 3 weeks to complete your entry).  This gives more time for all of you to work on your submission and take photos.  I had a small handful of you post on my forum or email me that a kit has not made it to you yet .  I have just received some additional Muses to complete extra kits to resend to those few people.  Every contest there are always a few packages that get sent back to me or get lost in the mail.  If your initial kit shows up too late for you to use for your schedule, you can return it and I can pass it along to someone who wanted to participate but was unable to because the kits were sold out.  Last event almost all of the people who didn't initially receive a kit and requested a replacement ended up with two kits and sent one back to me because the first one was just caught up in the mail service.  It's very important for me that everyone feels like they have had enough time to work on their entry, that the International Participants feel like this is a contest that they can enter, and that they have enough time to complete their project - therefore I feel an extension is the best solution at this stage in the game.  

For all of you who would like to begin submitting your entry here is the link: http://jotform.com/form/91903233189

If you would like to order anymore of the items from the kit to add to your project, they are all in one place at Artbeads.com and you can use this link: http://www.artbeads.com/use-the-muse-contest-iii.html

I'll be sending an email with this submission form link to the address attached to your Paypal account as well in the coming days, but to be on the safe side I am also posting here as I have noted from last time that not everybody keeps up with that email address, and these things easily get lost in spam folders.

I have been on the road and am still working through a list of participant emails I am responding to.  I try to personally address all issues in a timely manner, just please know I'm playing a game of catch-up and should have addressed all comments and concerns in the coming days.  If it's been a while and you haven't heard from me, please resend your email so I can get back to you.  With so many of you asking similar questions it's easy to mistake I've responded to your query, but indeed it was a different participant.  

I have received so many positive emails about people discovering new creative paths with the latest USE THE MUSE color palette, I am so thrilled to see what you all have come up with!  Looking forward to your entries!

Hope this helps a few people...

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Oct 13, 2009 2:50 AM

Jeni, thanks for the update! Glad Scarlett sent us a proof of life!

The extended deadline is a good thing, so some more people have time to receive their kit and enter the contest.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Oct 13, 2009 2:54 AM

I also sent her an email letting her know I got my kit, and she replied back so it was good to hear from her personally.

I believe she'll post a personal reply here when she's a bit more caught up but it might be a day or two before she's caught up and has time to breathe!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 157
on Oct 13, 2009 5:32 AM

Yeah! I am so happy she posted on her blog!

Now waiting patiently won't be so hard anymore, I love the extended deadline....

-xo-
 Kimmie!

I bead and bead and bead and bead... And when I am not beading, I am taking pictures of my beadwork, blogging about it, or trying to sell it here and here...
Please take a look around, and let me know what you think...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Oct 13, 2009 5:47 AM

Oh thank Heavens! Glad she is ok and everything seems to be corrected with UTM.

I'm so happy now for those of you that haven't received your kits!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Oct 13, 2009 8:48 AM

Oh I am SOO glad everything is okay with her...but also that some of you who were becoming disappointed will have more time to get your pieces done!!!!!  Yay!!

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Oct 13, 2009 10:25 AM

I got an email from Scarlett and she's ok! And she has extended the deadline so I'm still getting a chance to participate. Yay!

Thank you to Scarlett for getting this fixed, and I am super relieved that she's ok.

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Oct 13, 2009 11:42 AM

I actually had a moment yesterday to get some beading done and inspiration struck! I actually made/finished my piece. (very nervous about submitting). But I like it.

cb

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Oct 13, 2009 9:25 PM

Thanks, Jeni, for this post. I went back and check my E-Mails for today. I did receive an E-Mail from Scarlett.

What a Sweet Note from her. She ,( Muse lll) has resolved to take care of my issues with two kits. She even apologize for the lack of communication. (Now you don't see that much anymore)

I am very happy with her decision to extend till Nov 09,09. That (sign) was a relief for all our Internaltional Participants. I love it when an Organization takes care of all the participants.

Mary

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Oct 14, 2009 9:22 AM

Well, I have about half of mine completed.  The base is finished and now I just have to add all the embellishment.  I spent this afternoon piddling with it until it looked approximately right.  Hopefully I can work on it a bit tonight.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Oct 19, 2009 8:22 AM

Has everyone gotten their kits?

cb

Page 7 of 15 (211 items) « First ...  < Previous  5 6 7 8 9  Next >  ... Last » | RSS