Challenge Swap #3: Fall Colors

This post has 282 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
ErinK42 wrote
on Nov 16, 2009 12:18 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding - we've all been sick with the flu.

Mine arrived November 11th - woohoo - just like an early Christmas.

ErinK

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
on Nov 16, 2009 7:30 PM

Mine's been here too, it's awesome!

Kirsten Coffee 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 7, 2010 8:57 AM

I guess it's about time we resurrect this thread.  I was trying to give some extra time for this because of the holidays and because I was hoping Dagi & Inca would get their packages, but I'm starting to lose hope for it.  Makes me want to cry since there's a surprise in Inca's package which I'm sure people were looking forward to hearing about.  *SIGH*

Anyway, has everyone had time to play with their kits?  I was thinking we could make the end of January the deadline.  There are 2 options for the reveal:  either I can put together a gallery of all the projects for everyone to see, or we can just start a reveal thread and everyone can post their own pics.  I emailed Leslie about the gallery for the previous challenge but she's out of the office until the 9th.  If she's not going to make a gallery I'm going to start a reveal thread for that one and post all the pics I have, and anyone else who has pics that they couldn't get to me for it can post to it also. 

Let me hear your opinions and we'll go from there.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Jan 7, 2010 9:19 AM

My 2-cents: I would love to see the pictures from the first swap. A reveal thread would be great for both - immediate satisfaction. :)

cb

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jan 7, 2010 10:26 AM

Jeni I haven't touched the beads yet with so many things going on at once. Can we extend into maybe February a bit? If not it's ok, I just still have on ton of stuff to finish before I can even touch it.

For the reveal, I think a gallery that you make is a better idea. Then we can see all the photos together. At least I prefer it that way so you don't have to keep following the thread. I usually miss stuff in reveal threads somehow.

Anyway you decide I'll be fine though. And that really stinks that Inca and Dagi didn't get their packages *sigh*

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jan 7, 2010 3:52 PM

Cat - I am so glad that I am not the only one that has not really touched those beads! UGH! I am hoping that some things will slow down/ease up slightly. I am still hoping! LOL!

Anyway, I can go either way with a reveal thread or a gallery. It may be easier for those to e-mail photos to Jeni and her create a gallery since some people don't have a way of posting photos here in the forums. Just a thought!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Jan 7, 2010 4:09 PM

I should just quit these things ... all the swaps seem to be messed up with me ... sorry

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 7, 2010 10:53 PM

Oh! Inca, Dear, don't be so hard on yourself.  We all Love ya!(((hugs)))

??????????????Oh! please extend till Feb something.????? for the swap Reveal????? with the house, etc.etc.etc. ???? I know the package is here some where??

I sketched out what I wanted to make ( a couple things) I put them altogether.. in a gallon zip lock bag.. I will look and find tomorrow.yep! it may take me all dayEmbarrassed

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 711
LitaC2 wrote
on Jan 8, 2010 4:52 AM

Jeni -

I'm going to have to second having the "deadline" for the end of February.  There was a lot going on, and I pretty much put the package aside without even sketching anything out.  I'm leaving for Tucson at the end of the month (YEAH!), and I hope I'll be able to get something started before then - but I don't want to make promises.

I definitely think you should take control of the reveal - while having this originally sponsored by BD was great, with the change in the site and the site personnel, it probably will be next fall before we'd get to see anything. 

Lita

Please see my projects at Stoneheart Beads

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 8, 2010 6:49 AM

It's fine with me if people need more time.  I just thought I ought to at least mention it so we don't all forget.  I still have at least half my kit left even though I've made a bunch of items already, so I can keep plugging along.

I don't mind putting together a gallery either if that's what everyone wants.  I can either do a story about it on my ArtFire blog or I can make a section in my photo gallery.  Only drawback to just a photo gallery is that I can't really say anything about the challenge doing that.  I really wanted to have a reader gallery here so all members could look and understand what we were doing, but if I have to publish it elsewhere to do our project justice I will.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
Shawna18 wrote
on Jan 8, 2010 8:56 PM

I need extentsion on time too. I've got some plans but i've yet to actually put them together :P I like the gallery thing too so they are all in one place. We could do a thread on the gallery, put a link in the thread to the gallery often and we can write about our swap and all in the thread

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 316
PatD3 wrote
on Jan 9, 2010 6:44 AM

I am glad I am not the only one who has not had a chance to do anything with the beads yet. February sounds good to me too.

Jeni, however you you decide is good with me.

Pat

www.designsbypatdudley.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Jan 9, 2010 8:36 AM

I vote for the later date, too, if possible.  I took off between Christmas and New Years with plans to work with the beads then my step-dad got in the accident and all I did was worry about him and my mom and eat things I shouldn't.  I'm OK with whatever is decided as to gallery or thread.

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Jan 10, 2010 4:32 AM

The February deadline sounds right to me too Jeni and it's fine with me where you want to put photos, etc.  I like the idea of a story on your ArtFire blog! 

The only thing is I can't remember what we were doing so I'm going to reread some of this from when it started.  What are we doing?  I must be getting old....... 

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Jan 10, 2010 4:48 AM

Also, where is Dagi?  I haven't seen her here on the forums since before Christmas......I just sent her an email......

Pam

Page 17 of 19 (283 items) « First ...  < Previous  15 16 17 18 19  Next > | RSS