Challenge Swap #3: Fall Colors

This post has 282 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Aug 17, 2009 7:49 AM

Since it seems that everyone is enjoying CS2 so much, I figured we'd better get started on signups for the next round!  A few people have said that a fall theme sounds good, so we'll run with that this time around.

In case you haven't been reading "Beader's Challenge #2: the JSmaz version", the idea of this challenge is that anyone who is interested needs to send me an email so I can get you on the list.  Once I know how many people are participating, each person will send me enough beads, findings or other components in the theme colors for each participant to have at least one of something.  How much you want to send over and above that is completely your choice.  I don't want anyone to break the bank. To give you an idea, this past round had 18 participants.  You will also need to include about $2 for return shipping.

Once I have all the contributions, I will make kits out of them and mail them back to all participants.  We will then have a set amount of time (roughly a month or so) to make whatever you want from your kit.  It can be one thing or many, and you can use any other beads or components from your stash as well as the kit beads.  At the end we will share all our creations.  We haven't reached the deadline for CS2 yet, so you'll have to keep your eyes peeled around mid-September for the reveal of everyone's creations.

I'll take signups through Sunday, 6 September so that gives people about 3 weeks.

Signups for round 3 start....now!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Aug 17, 2009 8:31 AM

Yes please. I'm in .

Courtney

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Aug 17, 2009 8:33 AM

Jeni-- I'm in too!

Lois

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Aug 17, 2009 8:54 AM

Me too!

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Aug 17, 2009 8:56 AM

Sign me up!

My problem right now is getting the beads out to make something from the first one! LOL! At first I thought I would make one piece with everything but that idea is just not coming together. I am just not that creative! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Aug 17, 2009 9:19 AM

Sign me up again please! And what fall colors are we going with?

I'm so excited!

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Aug 17, 2009 9:20 AM

Jeni I'm in too!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Aug 17, 2009 9:37 AM

I guess Jeni will fly to Norway and kick my ass if I dont join .... and Italy is to close to risk it ...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Aug 17, 2009 10:31 AM

Inca, you're absolutely right! Big Smile

I'm thinking red, orange, yellow, gold, green, brown, brass, copper...am I missing anything?  Whatever makes you think of fall I suppose.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 650
AndreaM226 wrote
on Aug 17, 2009 11:32 AM

Sounds great!  How do I sign up?

Andrea

Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Aug 17, 2009 11:39 AM

Andrea, just click on my name above my avatar and send me a personal email so I have your contact info.  Once I have all the participants I'll send out an email off board with further details.  Glad to have you join in!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Aug 17, 2009 12:03 PM

JSmaz:
Inca, you're absolutely right! Big Smile
I knew it ...
JSmaz:
I'm thinking red, orange, yellow, gold, green, brown, brass, copper...am I missing anything?  Whatever makes you think of fall I suppose.
I would say not pick green and yellow - since we done those ... and just keep the "warm colors" ...

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 157
on Aug 17, 2009 12:47 PM

Can I join as well?

And I think dark olivine and dark amethyst are great fall colors!

-xo-
 Kimmie!

I bead and bead and bead and bead... And when I am not beading, I am taking pictures of my beadwork, blogging about it, or trying to sell it here and here...
Please take a look around, and let me know what you think...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Aug 17, 2009 12:48 PM

In case anybody needs inspiration....

Maple trees in the fall-one of my favorites things to see!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Aug 17, 2009 12:57 PM

You bet Kimmie, just send me an email!  I agree, those could be good fall colors as well.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Page 1 of 19 (283 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS