Secret Santa Ears R3 - Show and tell

This post has 104 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 5:56 AM

LoisB:
Dagmar-- I KNEW you were going to want some lovebirds! I just LOVE my little birdies. My husband loves them, my sister is threatening to steal them, my dad even loves them! Yes Pam, I've been sending photos of them to everyone!

Hehehe, you already knew me too well, Lois! Wink

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 9:43 AM

Lois, here's the link to the directions  http://www.beadingdaily.com/forums/t/3996.aspx  someday once I'm in SC I will make another pair, if your sister wants those let me know and I'll try to adjust the colors the way she likes.  As I make that pair I'll take some pictures and make up an actual tutorial.  Those birdies love you too...you wouldn't believe how many times they tried flying out to Utah before I was done with them...they just didn't want to stay put!!!! 

PamFlying Bird

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 11:44 AM

Happy Birthday to your little one.

I haven't gotten my SSW Earrings yet.Maybe to morrow.Yes

I am waiting for the Stagecoach to deliver them,LOL

I do live in the middle of nowhere, in the old west.

Mary

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 187
Briggs wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 11:52 AM

I'm eagerly and anxiously waiting too!!

~Briggs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 1:16 PM

Jeni did a great job on my earrings! I LOVE THEM! I like how although they are the same beads, they are not in the same position color wise. Hubby loves them! I wore them Saturday with a bright orange shirt. They looked awesome! 

Hubby really likes the length of them. Thank You So Much!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
on Jul 21, 2009 2:02 PM

I have another pic of the earrings I sent Pam.  I loved the frog lampworked beads when I saw them, but struggled with how to show them off.  It's supposed to look like they're eating dragonflies (sorry Billy Embarrassed ).  I tried to get them to stay the right way on the earrings, but if they moved, now you know how they're supposed to "stay."

Here are the ones Faith made for Pat...

I can't share the ones Grace made yet because her mark hasn't gotten them yet.

Kirsten Coffee 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
on Jul 21, 2009 2:19 PM

Pam - WOW, seriously my mouth dropped open, those are incredible and I knew exactly what they were when I saw them too! 

Inca - those earrings look very pretty and they look like they'd be sparkly, I hope Cat can get a clearer picture, I'd love to see it.  I like crystal weaving!

Pat - the chakra earring is perfect for Billy and I like how you arranged them on the front part of the hoop.

Jeni - I just plain like those earrings LOL, the colors and how they're opposite, the different metals, very well done.

Thanks for the compliments on the wirework I did.  I had no idea that was herringbone weave Indifferent LOL.  I learned it from someone and then had to sit down and try to remember how to do it.  Those were the earrings I did at the last minute and I was happy with the way they came together.  I used 26 guage sterling for the wrapping.  I thought when I learned it, we did it all with the same wire, but I'm not sure and I used a seperate wire for the "post" because I couldn't figure it out any other way.  Pam, I stuck them on the square hoops so that you could switch them to the front or back whichever is which LOL.  One way they look like baskets and I just couldn't decide which way to put them :-)

Grace is anxious for her mark to get her earrings.  Oh, I need to get a picture of the earrings Grace and Faith received, they both love them and have been wearing them every day.

Kirsten Coffee 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 2:22 PM

Kristen-- yes please post photo's of Grace's earrings... I forgot to take photos.... *sigh* silly me. gotta do better on that one!

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Jul 21, 2009 2:34 PM

koolaidstains:
Inca - those earrings look very pretty and they look like they'd be sparkly, I hope Cat can get a clearer picture, I'd love to see it.  I like crystal weaving!
 Not sure they are sparkly - they are like pearls and those firepolished things (at least i think thats what they called) ...
you just have to beg Cat for a new and better piccy ..

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 3:22 PM

Inca:

koolaidstains:
 Not sure they are sparkly - they are like pearls and those firepolished things (at least i think thats what they called) ...

Sorry I've just been working hard lately. I will get a picture loaded tonight of them!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 3:22 PM

Inca:

koolaidstains:

Sorry I've just been working hard lately. I will get a picture loaded tonight of them!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
Shawna18 wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 6:25 PM

Here are the earrings i got from Gypsy Mary, shes so talented with those hummingbirds :) Shes also creative, shes another fishing item user :) There are swivels on the crystal earrings (yes they are a pair, but the seahorse is a single) The swivles give them more movement, = more sparkle :)  I've nvr tried wearing a danglie in the cartliage piercing b4 now, its interesting to feel the lil guy dangle there and move thru out the day. Oh and he goes perfectly with last months earrings too ;)

And here is the pair i made for Faith, just a simple short bit of spiral that came out well. The entire extent of my off loom bead weaving knowledge, simple spirals :P

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 193
KrispyCakes wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 6:31 PM

Everyone's earrings are great! I might have to get in on one of these in the future! Wonderful job everyone!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 6:48 PM

Oh Shawna the seahorse does go well with the ones I made you! I actually started to put seahorses on those earrings!

Nice hummingbirds too and the ones you made Faith are perfect for a little girl!

Great Job Mary and Shawna!

Here are some pics of the ones Inca made for me!

Earring Swap #3 by you.

Earring Swap #3 by you.

Earring Swap #3 by you.

Ok Inca, are these better for ya? Let me know if you want me to email the photos to you for your blog. Wink

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Jul 21, 2009 6:50 PM

That humming bird is amazing =)
Totally gorgeous =)

Page 3 of 7 (105 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS