Pictures of beaded hair combs

This post has 26 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 11
swgranny wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 12:46 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone. Thank you Pam for the 'how to' with pictures. I would have never of figured it out. I have SnapFish, and using your info I got to the part of getting it on the page, but it wouldn't show the picture. I got a box with a red x in it. So I used Photobucket.

As you can see, my hair is short. I think they would look good in short hair too. By the way, my Husband put these in my hair and took the pictures.

This is Jim's first hair comb

Jim's first hair comb in My hair

Jim's second hair comb with tails

Jim's second hair comb in My hair with tails

Jim's second hair comb in My hair without tails

Jim's third hair comb in My hair

Jim's fourth hair comb in My hair

My first hair comb

My second hair comb

This was very fun. I hope we enjoy many hours of beading together. I also hope it leads me to get into jewlery beading.

Talk to you soon.

Sue

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 1:06 PM

Those are great Sue! What fun that  Jim (I assume your husband or significant other?) is beading with you.  My DH is great with opinions, advice, and praise, but not interested in making or wearing jewelry. I have got him testdriving some cufflinks though! You know, these combs are only one step away from being stretchy bracelets!  Looks like fun, and can't wait to see what else the two of you create!

Lois

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 540
JKD Studio wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 1:19 PM

FANTASTIC!    I think your husband has a second career. I've have never seen beaded combs like that before.  I have very little hair to put a comb in. 

You guys did a great job.  My husband helps me to by picking up all the beads I drop on the floor.  jeannie

Not Ranked
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 1:35 PM

Oh I love these! I was just checking out the commercial this morning for the EZ Combs and said to myself "I want some of those!"

Would you be willing to tell how you made them?

I think it's great that you and your husband worked together on this. That's really sweet Big Smile

You and I have very similar hair so I think I am getting a good effect of how they will work in my hair.

Thanks for sharing, very nice!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Jul 8, 2009 1:39 PM

Jim's second hair comb isw neat!  I really like the complex look.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 40
on Jul 8, 2009 1:46 PM

Cool! Love the green one especially.

Rose

Share your love with the world. This should be your mission in life! Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 1:56 PM

Congratulations Sue & Jim... Those are GreatSmile  Please share the directions if you can, they would work great for me & my daughter Cool

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 6:20 AM

Sue, these are beautiful!  I think you have a definite future in jewelry beading!!!  I can probably figure out how to make these but directions would be wonderful if you're doing that anyway. 

Pam

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 34
Merita3 wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 6:31 AM

These look great, how on earth do you get those beads to stay on the comb?

Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another!  Mitakuye Oiyasin!

Visit me at www.meritaking.com

Visit my Etsy shop at www.wanagiwinan.etsy.com

Visit my blog at www.myspace.com/ghostwoman

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 6:54 AM

Thanks for sharing the Photos. I have 13(daughters &) grand-daughters, and several want me to make these. One even sent me the "ones on TV", but it is on the back burner. I really like the design with different size beads.Oh so cute! and usefull too.

I bet these would sell for ya.

Mary

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 3:09 PM

Oh, Sue, those are so cute!!!  I agree with Melinda, please share directions if you can.  I have short hair and 2 boys but I have a niece that would love them.

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Not Ranked
Posts 11
swgranny wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 3:56 PM

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. My Husband will love to hear what all of you said. As I said before, Jim showed me how to do this and he designed these. I will get him to write down the directions this weekend and I will post them for all who are interested.

Thanks again. Talk to you soon.

Sue

Not Ranked
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 8:40 PM

swgranny50:

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. My Husband will love to hear what all of you said. As I said before, Jim showed me how to do this and he designed these. I will get him to write down the directions this weekend and I will post them for all who are interested.

Thanks again. Talk to you soon.

Sue

This would be splendid! Thank your husband for me! I myself have long hair and 4 little girls that all have long curly hair, so these would be perfect to keep their hair out of their face but still be able to wear it down.

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 9:31 PM

Great designs! And you had so much fun beading together. I love the green design.

Not Ranked
Posts 25
Delica@2 wrote
on Jul 10, 2009 12:33 PM

Oh, they look great - all of them - but as a pink lover I like the first one the best!

What a great teamwork!

Best, Delica

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS