I have a request for my Beady Friends! Who wants to help me out?

This post has 201 Replies | 8 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 11:09 AM

Inca if I send it sometime next week, which it would probably be later in the week like Thursday or Friday, Jeni won't get it until the week after. So she probably won't get it until the week of the 20th. I am guess the end of that week around the 23rd or 24th when Jeni will receive it.

No worries, you still have time :)

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 11:11 AM

Inca, you may as well wait until the swap package gets here and then send the beads with it as Dagmar suggested.  There's not exactly a rush on this.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Jul 8, 2009 11:17 AM

Well I have a teflon coated brain these days - I cant do or remember anything right ... so I think I just as well just throw it in the mail ... 1 bead wont cost anything anyway ....

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 11:19 AM

Ok, I'll keep an eye out for it then...

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 1:41 PM

Inca:
Well I have a teflon coated brain these days - I cant do or remember anything right

Inca you crack me up! You always have something to add to make someone laugh! Teflon coated brain....first I've heard that one and I think I may have to use it sometime!

Still laughing.....

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
Shawna18 wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 2:43 PM

Cat :
Have you looked at Charm Factory? They have all kinds of charms and most are cheaper than what I have found at the typical stores. They have a very large selection. I ordered from them when I made my daughter's charm bracelets and was very happy with the prices and quality, free shipping too. In my quest to find fairies for you for your earrings I found a lot of neat charms that had your name all over them.

I'll go check them out :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 6:33 PM

Ok everyone this is what I have so far-

Add a bead, charm, metalwork or anything that can be added like a charm, to represent you. It can be anything you like, your favorite stone, favorite charm, birthstone, whatever you want really.

Email me when you have your piece added and are ready to send to the next person. I will then send you the name and address you should send to.

Include a note in the package of what you added and what it represents to you. If you would like to keep this private, seal it in a smaller envelope that can fit in the package.

To start the adding of charms skip every other link until there is no more room, then go to the in between links. Try to keep the weight balanced too, so if you have something heavy you're adding and there is already something heavy on one end, put it on the other end.

I would like to keep this in a 5X7 bubble mailer to keep shipping costs low for everyone. If it seems at any point the extra notes from everyone are making the shipping go up or the package gets too bulky let me know and if one of you would just send them to me I will wait until I receive the package back to open and read them.

Does this sound ok with everyone? Anything I should change?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 12:42 AM

Sounds ok for me!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 8:25 AM

Cat,

Just back from vacation - is it too late to join?

cb

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 9:53 AM

CourtneyB:

Cat,

Just back from vacation - is it too late to join?

cb

I gotcha Courtney!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 1:16 PM

This sounds good Cat!  I wouldn't change anything. 

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 1:29 PM

Pam:

This sounds good Cat!  I wouldn't change anything. 

Pam

Goodie! I am going to start my list now and pull out my chain to get ready for this! I can't wait, I'm too excited!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 3:33 PM

I agree! I've been thinking about what to put on it for me.... have an idea, but will have to play a bit to see if I can do it!

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Jul 9, 2009 3:54 PM

What is a good size on a bead in mm ?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,099
Sherri S. wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 4:46 PM

Inca, either 8mm or 6mm would be good for a charm bracelet. 

Sherri S.

Check out my Etsy Store......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6321824

Check out my Etsy Beads Store.......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7141344

Page 3 of 14 (202 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS