I did it...I submitted my idea...

This post has 40 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jul 12, 2009 4:28 AM

Sorry it didn't get accepted this time Sheila, but Erin's right-try a different magazine.  That's definitely a nice design, and I'd make one!  There are a zillion design possibilities for that-you've just shown us two.  I think someone would be happy to accept that for publication!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 12, 2009 9:46 AM

Thank you Everyone! I will definitely try submitting something again. What can it hurt? Nothing! I was really surprised myself with how a simple change can make sure a huge difference. I would love to do one but instead of stretch do it on wire but I have to figure out the best way to do the clasp. I don't want two clasps but I don't think I would like the way it would narrow down to have one.

Yet another idea floating around...!

Thanks again for your kind words!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jul 12, 2009 10:22 AM

How about one of those multi-strand slider bar clasps Sheila?  It would be long enough, and you could attach it with jump rings to the last 2 vertical pieces, if memory serves.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 12, 2009 11:51 AM

That is definitely a thought! I just need to take the some and make the bracelet then see how long the clasp needs to be. It wouldn't have to be exactly the same size, but closer than a regular clasp. Thanks for the idea! I do appreciate it.

I may have to work up an idea and then search for the clasp. I am sure that FMG would have something that would work!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Jul 13, 2009 7:46 AM

somewhere online I say those bar clasps that had only 2 loops and a nice big gap between.... perhaps it was Rio Grande? I can't remember for sure... but they do exist. But an idea for using any extra loops on those clasps would be add little dangles.

Lois

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 15, 2009 8:29 PM

Sorry, you didn't make it this round, these are  beautiful. I love the blue an Black. It just say, I could go from geans and a tee to that little black dress for dinner. Yep! I'd publish it.Smile

Better luck next round.Mary

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on Jul 16, 2009 4:56 AM

Sheila, what a difference! The black/blue is my fav, but the overall idea is great, too!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 183
Whency wrote
on Jul 17, 2009 11:11 AM

Sheila H:

I think it is listed under New Stretch Cuff bracelet or something similiar.

Here is the new one

and the original one is this

Same basic idea but two very different results! Feedback welcome...

I think these are very nice! I want one made from jet with pearl and maybe silver or gold spacers. When you find the time I would love to see your instructions on how to make this. Oh and congrats on your bravery! Cake

I would be too scared they would laugh at anything I made, even though my family says mine are nice. I sometimes think they are humoring me.

Michelle  Casson

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 17, 2009 4:12 PM

I sent you an email with instructions. I know that you realize that the pearls need bigger holes for the eye pins and probably the elastic cord to fit through. Unless you are talking a pearl type bead like the pretty Swarovski ones?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 32
chaoduyu520 wrote
on Apr 2, 2011 1:54 AM

Thanks for sharing, have a good idea for a bold attempt

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 531
on Apr 2, 2011 8:37 PM

Sorry to hear that Sheila...Just keep on submitting your ideas and your bound to be featured in a Magazine. Never give up!

On another note,both those Bracelets are beautiful,I love the blue and the black.

Angela

Page 3 of 3 (41 items) < Previous  1 2 3 | RSS