Bead Swap #2 - Again!

This post has 770 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Dec 23, 2009 5:50 AM

I am not sure what list I am on for the second half but will happily send beads to Christina for the second half of hers. It won't be until next week, once the mayhem is over.

courtney

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Dec 23, 2009 10:02 AM

LisaKwaj:
She told me there was nothing I could do about recovering the va...

However, you can contact the Postmaster General about the missing packages.  They tend to be very touchy about that.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Dec 23, 2009 9:38 PM

I finally got ahold of a live human being at the Post Office. I had explain everything I had sent through emails grrrr. I just about lost it when she asked me if I suspected a Postal employee....well DUH. Package was fine when it left Pat...and not so fine when I got it.

Anyway...after getting all of my info, she told me I would get a call in about 2 days from the Mail Recovery office...I had to point out that the Post Office was CLOSED on Christmas. She then changed it to 3-5days. GRRRR.

This who was left on list after me:

Koolaidstains (Would like to be skipped), Cat, Shawna, CW(Dropped out), KrispyCakes then Lisa.

So I plan to follow this list (in bold) unless anyone contributing to remaking this package (Swap Package #1) wants in. Please please let me know so I can add you before I mail it.

And please don't rush out to mail beads...wait until the holidays are over. It's insane out there and I wouln't dream of going out myself unless I had to.

I have to work 12 hour shift the next 2 days so I won't be around.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Dec 28, 2009 8:43 AM

Christina, I was not in the original swap, but if you need someone in, I am happy to join in in place of those who dropped out.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Dec 28, 2009 9:38 PM

I got this from the lovely people at the USPS via email (without my comments of course):

Thanks for contacting us about the missing beads, Christina. I’m sorry that I have been unable to reach you by telephone.  (no one ever called me)

Unfortunately, an occasional piece of mail may fail to reach its destination. When mail items are found during our processing operations, they are collected in the "loose‑in‑the‑mail" section of the facility, then forwarded on to the Mail Recovery Center (MRC) in hopes of being claimed by their true “owners”. These items are held for up to six months before being auctioned off, if unclaimed. (and no info on how to retrieve said items,grrrrrr)

Complaints alleging mail tampering or theft come under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Postal Inspection Service, which is the law enforcement and audit arm of the United States Postal Service. The details of this event have been referred to them.  If additional details are required, you will be contacted by a representative of the Postal Inspection Service. (how thoughtful since the beads did not rip themselves out of the package)

An apology is no substitute for good service, but I want to offer one on behalf of the Postal Service.  We appreciate your reporting this matter to us.  It helps to know the kinds of difficulties our customers have so we can work toward improvements.  The loss of any piece of mail is as disappointing to us as it is to you. (does this mean no beads? did they even look?!)

Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you. Additional questions may be directed to the Seattle Consumer Affairs Office at (sorry not posting their number, don't want any trouble) 

Regards,

T.A. Phillips
Consumer Affairs Representative

Ok guys some son of a grinch stole the beads....they are gone to the neither region of mail...keeping all of the left socks we loose company

Crying I tried.

Christina,

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
on Dec 28, 2009 10:40 PM

I hope they will investigate it because I have a hard time seeing anything possible other than theft.

I will get some new beads out to you this week!

Kirsten Coffee 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 5:37 AM

Christina,

I agree, GRRR. Do have to say - love the editorial! Big Smile

cb

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 5:48 AM

No kidding, gggggrrrrrrrrrrr.  Email this post back to them maybe with the comments added???  We'll send some more beads your way early next week too.....

Pam

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Kay-Sea Wilted Flower [W] wrote
on Dec 30, 2009 8:32 AM

Oh, this sounds like wonderful fun!!  But, yikes!! -- being a newbie here, I guess I'll have to jump right in and start posting.  I'll be signing up once my post meet the requirements.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Dec 31, 2009 3:54 PM

Hi Kaysea, and welcome!

We are coming to the end of Bead Swap 2....so there are no sign ups just yet. Stay tuned, if we do a Bead Swap 3 in 2010, by then you might meet the post requirements. (we have this so we make sure the person is an active participant....there have been a few people in the past that dropped off the face of the earth after signing up)

In the mean time, check out Inca's Secret Santa's Ear (SSE) earring swap, we do one a month, and I think the post requirement for that one is 10 or 15....not sure, just look in Bead Chat for SSE....7 ended in November and we are doing a combined one for December (round 8) and January (round 9) so round 10 would be at the beginning of February.

Lois also has a bracelet swap, I'm not sure what the post requirements are for that but look in Bead Chat for Bracelet Swap...the current round ships out in January so im not sure when the next one is.

Christina,

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jan 1, 2010 2:05 PM

I will get a small bundle of beads in the mail tomorrow. Did you call the local post office for you? It may be worth a call ( or heaven forbid a trip ) to the post office to ask them how to claim lost mail. Just another thought...

Still stinks...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jan 1, 2010 11:47 PM

I plan on it. I have some packages to send out (just waiting for payday).

Christina,

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jan 2, 2010 9:19 PM

I got Courtney's box today! There are lot of beads for the swap! YAY!

Christina,

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 815
LisaKwaj wrote
on Jan 8, 2010 1:09 AM

Christina, girlfriend, I so share your pain!  Since Jeni never received the package I mailed to her forever ago, I ended up creating a whole new package for round 2.  I used the beads I had pulled out of the missing package to shrink it back down to manageable size, beads I had intended to use to start up round 3.  Plus, I also added some Swarovski and glass beads from my own stash to round things out a bit.

I mailed the package to Jeni yesterday, and this time I paid the extra (around $2.50, I think) to insure it.  Normally, I consider insurance to be a total racket and refuse to pay for it, but since I was pretty much blown off by our postal workers, and since Christina didn't have much luck with her complaint regarding the missing beads from the other package, I went ahead and spent the money.  This wasn't the first package I've mailed from here that's gone missing, I've had both beads and jewelry packages go missing over the past several months.  I probably need to raise a ruckus about it, but since the packages don't have any means to tracking (like insurance or delivery confirmation, which isn't available here), there's not a whole lot they can do.  Which is why I've decided that I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the extra few bucks for postal insurance from now on.  It's ridiculous, but in the long run, it may be worth it.  Especially if that insurance label on the package scares away whomever has sticky fingers, kwim?

On the subject of those who are interested in joining the swap...  A few months ago, the majority of participants said they'd prefer to wait until round 2 is complete before beginning round 3.  In the interest of fairness, we unfortunately can't invite others to join round 2.  If we did, we'd have to open up participation to everyone who meets the minimum BD participation requirements, kwim?  So I've asked Christina to forward any beads sent by those who aren't currently on the participation list to me -- I'll use them to start round 3.  And we'll add to the participation list for round 3 anyone who contributed beads to help Christina rebuild the round 2 package.  Is that okay by everyone?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 8, 2010 7:00 AM

I'll be watching for it Lisa, and will post as soon as it gets here.

I'm also fine with your last suggestion.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Page 45 of 52 (771 items) « First ...  < Previous  43 44 45 46 47  Next >  ... Last » | RSS