Santas Secret Ear - Round 1

This post has 103 Replies | 2 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on May 27, 2009 1:44 AM

Oh, wow, more cool earrings! You were all so creative and I'm flattened by the outcome.

Kristen, those beaded hoops are beautiful! And the wrapped stones are, too. Really not bad for a first attempt. You should folloe this wirewrapping path.

Inca, I like both pairs! No need to be ashamed! Absolutely not! The first one is fairy-like, light blue and kind of fresh. And the second one is such an unusual idea with those beaded dode.......what was that word? *laughz* If you could post the instructions, that would be nice. And we all signed up for this, because earrings are easy to make for every skill level, every purse and every kind of beader. And we wanted to have fun with this.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on May 27, 2009 3:18 AM

Kokopelli Design:
those beaded dode.......what was that word? *laughz* If you could post the instructions, that would be nice.

Lets call then Beaded beads - and we none english can cope too =)

http://www.auntiesbeads.com/Category.aspx?ID=874449cd-91ad-496d-8ec7-85399f628461  didnt find the picture one - but here is the video version ...

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 815
LisaKwaj wrote
on May 27, 2009 4:21 AM

Go Pa-at!  Go Pa-at!  Go Pa-at!  Go Pa-at!  Can you see me dancing?  Gee, I hope not -- I'm a terrible dancer! Wink  I finally found half a sec -- in between visiting the Copy shop to order covers for our Baccalaureate program, inviting parents of the class of 2010 to a meeting to hear what I've learned as a parent of the class of '09, and working in my new jewelry shop (more on that later, it's very exciting!) -- to check the mail.  Yesterday's mail plane was delayed til today because of the holiday.  And I found the awsomest (that's a word, isn't it?) earrings in my box!!!  They are SO me!  I have admired earrings with a similar elegant sweep of wire on a couple of occasions, but never found the time to try my hand at them.  They're in my "to try later" file.  Or rather, they were.  Now I have a pair of my own, I don't need to try 'em later!  Yay!  Pat, you chose a perfect design, thank you SOOOOOO much!!!

Pat:
I already have a picture of the one's I sent, but since my person has not received them yet I won't post them yet.  

Please, Pat, would you save me the time behind the camera?  Between now and June 7, my life is unbelievably crazy (my jewelry shop opened downtown a couple of weeks ago, the school year is winding down, Baccalaureate is Sunday, Ryan graduates next week Friday, and his graduation party is on the 7th).  All that stuff is a real big deal here.

Pat, did I ever tell you that I'm originally from Florida?  I was born and raised in Orlando, lived there until we moved to Kwaj in 1990 for our first tour here.

May I add a word of advice to everyone?  When you package up stuff to mail in a padded envelope, place it inside a cotton-lined jewelry box first.  One of the jumprings in my earrings bent open in the mail -- don't panic, Pat, I closed it right back up good as new.  But it got me to thinking that we should try to encase our gifts in something with a little more protection, preferably something rigid, especially if we're mailing overseas.  I should have thought of that ahead of time -- I'll add a note to my bio.

I am so very impressed with everyone's earring designs!!!  I haven't seen even one pair that I wouldn't be proud to wear!!!  Thank you, Inca, for organizing this and future swaps -- I'm having a ball!

Pat, I can't thank you enough for the pretty sparklies!  I have just the outfit to wear with them tomorrow!  Big Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 815
LisaKwaj wrote
on May 27, 2009 4:36 AM

Inca, I ended up sending Robin a different pair than the pair I originally designed because I got stuck on a design issue.  I have a feeling your dodecahedron may help me solve the problem -- exactly how did you attach the chain to them?  That's what I got stuck on -- couldn't quite figure out how to attach the chain frame to the centerpiece.  Please will you share?  Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on May 27, 2009 5:02 AM

Inca:
http://www.auntiesbeads.com/Category.aspx?ID=874449cd-91ad-496d-8ec7-85399f628461  didnt find the picture one - but here is the video version ...

Thanks for sharing, Inca! The bracelet she does in the video is great! I love how she uses the bead caps to avoid the crystals from sliding into the beaded beads.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on May 27, 2009 5:04 AM

I've worn both of the stones although not at the same time. The two of them together is quite heavy for one ear, not to mention that they crowd each other. I've had the smaller beaded hoop in since I got it. *grinz* It's in the hole closest to my head. the dangles work better in the outer one.I wore the bigger one with the peyote beads to a Drum Circle and all the ladies tried to steal it from me. *grinz* It's a bit large for everyday wear, but it definitely has it's place. I hope you don't mind but I modified the one with the chrysocola nugget in it, but nothing major. I just made the hoop a bit smaller. It's just like you sent it, just a wee bit smaller diameter. I would never alter anyone's work too much for me personally. It takes something away from it. I just wanted it to be more of a daily wear type of earring, ya know. Just for the record, most guys don't wear huge hoops. *grinz* Not daily anyway. It is GREAT Ritual wear though. *grinz* Thanks again, I am very pleased with them all. Beautiful work and I'm not just saying that because they are mine now either. *laughz*

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,258
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on May 27, 2009 5:43 AM

Now that I am home from camping and have new batteries in my camera I finally was able to take pictures of the earrings that I received from Stan B

I had posted last week under "Ear-ring Swap aka Secret Santa Ear" and I guess Stan missed it and thought I had not received his package. Sorry I posted where I had and it was missed. They arrived in great shape and I am wearing them as I type. Thank you Stan.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on May 27, 2009 6:10 AM

Sue B:

Courtney I was able to view the pictures in your album by going tothe link you supplies but taking off the /IMG_0825.jpg  by doing this I was able to see both pairs I sent to you. Although I didn't take any pictures before I mailed the earrings to you I can put the pictures you took up for everyone to see. That is if it is okay with you for me to do this. Let me know and I will do it for you.

Actually the ones that got posted where just done for the fun of it they were the extras I sent the others were the ones I made for the swap.

Sue,

I am going to play a bit more this am (shhh, I'm at work). I was on my Mac last night which is still new to me. I have a PC at work. I'll let you know if I need you to copy for me - THANK YOU FOR THE OFFER!  I'll be back.

cb

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 27, 2009 6:12 AM

Kokopelli Design:

Inca:

Thanks for sharing, Inca! The bracelet she does in the video is great! I love how she uses the bead caps to avoid the crystals from sliding into the beaded beads.

I asked the same thing Dagmar and she sent me the link too. I agree, I love the bracelet she made in that video, I just can't wear all crystals but it can be done in other beads!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on May 27, 2009 6:12 AM

Cat :

Sue B:

Cat, I can transfer the other picture as well, but I just thought I would get Courtney's permission because I failed to take pictures myself of the two pair and the pictures are in her photo album which I was able to see.

Ok I understand. I kind of thought she was asking for help that's why I posted it for her. I will wait for her/you to post the others. Big Smile

Oh, I need all the help I can get!!!! Smile

cb

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on May 27, 2009 6:13 AM

Lisa:
Inca, I ended up sending Robin a different pair than the pair I originally designed because I got stuck on a design issue.  I have a feeling your dodecahedron may help me solve the problem -- exactly how did you attach the chain to them?  That's what I got stuck on -- couldn't quite figure out how to attach the chain frame to the centerpiece.  Please will you share?  Big Smile
 Make the bead as showen in the video I linked, get a chain that some what matches the whole ... use a bit of thread or something and pull it through ... connect the chain ends at desired length with a ring - and add a ear wire ....

Perfect present if you have to fine one in less than half an hour .... cause if you have that much time you even have time to wrap it =)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 27, 2009 6:14 AM

Sue B:

Now that I am home from camping and have new batteries in my camera I finally was able to take pictures of the earrings that I received from Stan B

Those are great Sue and Stan! Are they interchangable?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on May 27, 2009 6:14 AM

IMG_0828.jpg image by ccntb
IMG_0828.jpg image by ccntb
Now, did this work?????
By the way Sue, I love, love them! Thank you so much.
cb
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 27, 2009 6:20 AM

CourtneyB:

IMG_0827.jpg image by ccntb
IMG_0832.jpg image by ccntb
Now, did this work?????
By the way Sue, I love, love them! Thank you so much.
cb

Not this time sweets but I think you're almost there! If you want to find out if your pics are going to show up you can go to the top of your post you're writing and click preview. It should show you what your post will look like before you actually post it. Then you can go back and click compose to finish. Hope this helps!

Edit- At first the links weren't clickable but when I posted they were clickable. I clicked on the links but it says the image has been deleted.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on May 27, 2009 6:22 AM

Cat :

Not this time sweets but I think you're almost there! If you want to find out if your pics are going to show up you can go to the top of your post you're writing and click preview. It should show you what your post will look like before you actually post it. Then you can go back and click compose to finish. Hope this helps!

Edit- At first the links weren't clickable but when I posted they were clickable. I clicked on the links but it says the image has been deleted.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! *banging head on desk* 

Page 5 of 7 (104 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next > | RSS