Add a signature

This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 74
butterfly@14 wrote
on May 19, 2009 12:36 PM

Big SmileI have been trying to add a signature to my post, but I don't knwo how to do it, Can someone please help. Thank you.Tongue Tied

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on May 19, 2009 12:46 PM

Haha! Yes I can! (sorry, I just figured it out since I didn't know...) ok, you see in your upper right hand corner, where you see your signin name of "butterfly" yes? well, right next to it is a tab that says "edit" click on that

It will bring you to your bd profile page. At the top are 3 new tabs, click on the one that says "site options" at the bottom of this page, is text box for you to type your signature in. don't for get to click the SAVE button below when you have it as you like it!

Hope that works for you and that I wrote it so it was easy to follow!
Lois

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 74
butterfly@14 wrote
on May 19, 2009 2:26 PM

Thank you for your help Lois, I think I got it Wink

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on May 19, 2009 8:45 PM

Yup, looks good to me! I need to get at least a blog going for my business too! Then I can use the signiture aspect for the same thing. Glad I could help you on this one!

Lois

Not Ranked
Posts 3
LeeAnne70 wrote
on Oct 11, 2009 5:46 PM

did I do this right? 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 791
on Jan 27, 2010 2:49 PM

OK, so you all know that I do know how to add my signature block.  My question/issue is that nothing I do is acceptable to this new site format.  I've tried adding just my real name, ONLY 4 letter-characters, and STILL get a message that it exceeds the 256 character maximum.  And yet, I've copy/pasted a couple other of the signatures into Word to do a character count and have found that those particular signature blocks were well over 300 characters.

Does anyone who actually uses this site know what is up and how I can fix it?

BD Staff, IF, IF you are monitoring this thread, would you mind terribly chiming in to help, if it's not TOO much trouble.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jan 27, 2010 2:54 PM

Dawn ~ this doesn't fix their counting problem, I still can't get the signature that I really want in there, but I typed my information directly into the signature box & saved.  I could not get it to cut & paste without thinking it was too long.  I know this doesn't fix the problem but it may work til we get a better answerTongue Tied

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 791
on Jan 27, 2010 3:08 PM

Melinda, I've tried everything, even simply just typing my 4 letters into the box.  No go.  Screwed up, at best.  But thank you for trying.  Cool

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jan 27, 2010 3:35 PM

Dawn ~ Try highlighting inside the signature box & then hit delete (even if it seems that nothing is highlighted)... there may be some wacky computer code that is hiding in the box... I forgot to put that step in before, I hope that works for you.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 791
on Jan 27, 2010 3:54 PM

Crying

Didn't work.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jan 27, 2010 4:15 PM

Dawn ~ It took me a gazzillion times & you cannot change anything else if it thinks your signature is too long.  I deleted mine, put in my Necklace Announcement, saved & then tried the signature again.  Finally worked but it was frustratingSuper Angry

Leslie ~ Maybe some signature instructions would be good.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 28, 2010 2:52 AM

I tried editing my signature and couldn't get it to do anything either.  Not sure what's going on.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Jan 28, 2010 5:28 PM

Hey there, Sunrise & everyone--

Its only me and two moderators listening and finding answers to all of you on our forums 99% of the time. Please, please be patient. We do catch up and read everything, we really do, but it may be a few days or even a week until we hear about things let alone find answers.

You know, if we had more than 2 moderators we could REALLY keep up better with all the forums. Who's up to help out? Maybe we can have specific deputies out thar--

For instance, LOIS seems to be able to answer many of your tech questions about the workings of our site. If she were to be the tech moderator, then she could be the messenger for that sort of thing, contacting me for things she cannot answer.

DEBW is alert to infractions against our no advertising policies, so Deb, maybe you could continue to police that and explain things to fellow members, and get answers from me. I can't logistically see everyone's posts every day, all the time--much as I'd love to just be doing that!

I am going to Tuccson next week but will talk more about this when I return on the 9th. I won't have much Forum time when away, since I won't be around my computer all the time. But I will be trying to put video and pix on Facebook with my iPhone.

So, can I recruit some of you to help  Moderate our Forums, and help yourselves?

Thanks! I appreciate your input, all of it.

--Leslie

editor Beading Daily

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Jan 28, 2010 6:03 PM

Where do I sign up to be moderator and will there be required training  or a small salary Big Smile?  I am happy to help if there is something that I can do to ensure people are getting answers to their question in a timely manner even if it is just to say, let me find out and get back to you.  That's what customer service is and I am in the "providing service" business.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Jan 28, 2010 8:40 PM

HI Lina!

Great! Thank you for offering to help. I wish we could offer more than gratitude in return--how about hundreds of new friends?  Saying "let me find out and get back to you" is exactly what we need, along with common sense, patience and diplomacy. You know, the things friends are supposed to have.

I will have to activate your position and have your access authorized. Moderators approve posts (or not)  and enforce our Guidelines, along with helping folks find answers on how to use the Forums technically.

I have already told Sheila H and Jeni that you will be joining them as moderators. They'll help you learn the ropes.

You'll hear when you are activated as a Moderator--I'm gong to try and do it now. Then, go to the Forum home page and look for the Moderators Only place. There, only Moderators can discuss areas of activity or issues.

Thanks so much, once again--it's a big place, Beading Daily!

Who else out there?

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS