Chainmaille Watch and Seashell with MOP

This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 14, 2009 4:33 PM

Here is a chainmaille watch I've been working on forever! I ordered the wrong size jumprings at first, then I couldn't find the right style watch face for it. This was a project from some bead and button book I bought.

IMG_1512 by you.

IMG_1514 by you.

Here is a shell necklace I made to match an outfit I have. I am going to change the bail on this though when I find exactly what I am looking for. And Sherri- if you read this, it has more of the MOP coins from FMG! Finally using them.

IMG_1518 by you.

I think copper would look great with this too! I have a project I am working on with these colors and copper but that will be revealed at a much later time when I finish it.

Thanks for looking Big Smile

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on May 14, 2009 7:04 PM

That watch design REALLY works!

GREAT!!!

Stan B.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on May 15, 2009 5:23 AM

I love the watch! I also really like the colors in the necklace. I like the shells too.....

cb

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on May 15, 2009 6:30 AM

Cat, the watch is stunning! Love the two-tone chainmaille. It was worth it to wait for the right size of rings.

The MOP necklace is very summery. I really got an island feeling looking at it. Cool

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on May 15, 2009 6:53 AM

Yup, that watch was worth all the effort! It's VERY nice. Sometime I gotta give it a try.... I LOVE the byzantine pattern.... but gotta get the business going first. The necklace is perfect for summer! I agree though, that bail is just not doing it for me.

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 15, 2009 7:39 AM

LoisB:
I agree though, that bail is just not doing it for me.

I know, I picked up 4 different bails at the LBS and this is the only one that actually worked with the pendant, meaning it technically worked. I tried for an hour and a half with making my own out of wire but it was late and I was tired and gave it up. I am going to look online further and see what I come up with and redo the bail.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 15, 2009 10:46 AM

Beautiful watch Cat!!!  That is fantastic and great work   I love the necklace too.  The shells just, I don't know, they make me feel good somehow. 

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 15, 2009 11:00 AM

Pam:

The shells just, I don't know, they make me feel good somehow. 

Pam

Me too, I just love shells. I love the ocean, the colors that remind me of the ocean, the salty smell in the air, the hot sand under bare feet, the wind.... oh I could go on! I should be living in Florida, I just love that place.

I am going to make another one of those watches. I bought a different face online that I think will work well too.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
on May 18, 2009 2:18 AM

I like them both, beautiful design!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 21, 2009 6:49 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments! Big Smile

I had fun making them!

wrote
on May 22, 2009 1:05 AM

Nice work Cat!  I like both of those.  Can't wait to see what you do with the copper version-I agree that those colors will look good with it.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
JKD Studio wrote
on May 22, 2009 2:31 AM

Cat,

Diddo on everything that's already been said.  Lovely.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 26, 2009 4:35 AM

Jsmaz:

Nice work Cat!  I like both of those.  Can't wait to see what you do with the copper version-I agree that those colors will look good with it.

Thanks Jeni! I am working on something now with that color combo with copper and it does look great. I'll post it when I finish but it may be a little bit before I finish. I have some technical issues to work out first, lol.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS