How do I quote several people in one post?

This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 9, 2009 9:15 AM

I thought I have seen people quote several others in one post and just want to know how to do this instead of writing three or four different post to answer.

Thanks

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 9, 2009 3:27 PM

What I do is open two different windows, respond and quote the first person I want to quote, then go to the second window, respond and quote the second person and copy it into the first window, go back to the second window and from there go back to the third person I want to quote, respond, quote and copy like I did for the second person.  In the second window I don't post anything, I just use it to get the quotes. 

Helps? or is this confusing...

Hugs,

Pam

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 156
Leigh@18 wrote
on May 9, 2009 5:34 PM

Pam:
Helps? or is this confusing

Took me a sec but after reading -rather than skimming - your explanation Pam - I understood. I had wondered the same thing as Cat but had not thought to ask, Thanks!

Leigh

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 10, 2009 2:52 AM

I'm glad it helped Leigh, some things are easier to explain than others. 

Pam

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 156
Leigh@18 wrote
on May 10, 2009 3:40 AM

Pam:
I'm glad it helped Leigh, some things are easier to explain than others

Pam - I just did my first post quoting more than one person in a thread (one of them being you). I followed your instructions and it was easy. Thanks again.

Leigh

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 10, 2009 4:05 AM

Yes you did, I saw that come to think of it!   Sweet!!!

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on May 10, 2009 5:34 AM

If you find it hard to use 2 windows, cut and paste it all into a notepad fil and then paste it back when your gotten all your "quotes" ... thats what I do. But that is allso cause my explorere tends to crash and I lose all I writen. so if I write big posts I draft them in Notepad.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 10, 2009 10:52 AM

Pam:

What I do is open two different windows, respond and quote the first person I want to quote, then go to the second window, respond and quote the second person and copy it into the first window, go back to the second window and from there go back to the third person I want to quote, respond, quote and copy like I did for the second person.  In the second window I don't post anything, I just use it to get the quotes. 

Helps? or is this confusing...

Hugs,

Pam

Ok I am trying it out now....

Leigh:

Pam:
Helps? or is this confusing

Took me a sec but after reading -rather than skimming - your explanation Pam - I understood. I had wondered the same thing as Cat but had not thought to ask, Thanks!

Leigh

Guess I'll see if this comes up right.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 10, 2009 10:53 AM

HaHa I did it! Thanks you all Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 10, 2009 3:10 PM

Pam:

I love those Pam, how cute!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,748
Kokopelli wrote
on May 15, 2009 5:07 AM

Pam, the second one is another "hugging" highlight! *ROFL*

If I like to quote several people I just copy the quote marks in my typing box, delete the user name and type the new one in. But if you want to quote more than two people you need a second window in spite of that.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 15, 2009 10:17 AM

Dagi, yup, it is a hugging highlight!  I don't know about you but I could use one of those today, think I'll send me one, and here's another one for you:and some for everybody:

Pam

http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,748
Kokopelli wrote
on May 16, 2009 11:32 PM

Yes, Friday was a very exhausting day in office. Just running, running, running! But the weekend was great and successful so far and continues today with running! *laughz* My brother is going to run a half marathon today and I hope he'll make it. The whole family will be there to cheer and help him.

to you and healing bubbles for your knee!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 17, 2009 5:51 AM

Thank you Dagi, that's sweet.  I'm okay. 

I hope you have a great day with your family and I good luck to your brother!

Pam

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS