"Copper Caper" necklace-March/April 2009 Step By Step Beads

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
CarolynF@28 wrote
on Mar 1, 2009 5:38 PM

I fell in love with this necklace as soon as I opened the page.  It's wonderful.  I would like to make a variation but the one bead that I definitely want to use is the 3 hole copper spacer with the silver wire.  Suppy source says it is available at Glass Garden Beads but I have just spent 2 hours looking for it in any source that came up with the name glassgardenbeads.com as listed in the article.  This is frustrating at best.  I can substitue other beads but I really wanted to use this one in my variation of this necklace.  Any suggestions about where I could get it?  Oregon Coyote(on the beach in the rain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Mar 1, 2009 6:36 PM

Yep, I googled the outfit -- seems to be in Northfield,MN, they certainly didn't have it; not under findings, nor under metal, I didn't see any wire listed, etc.

Stan B.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Mar 3, 2009 9:17 AM

Sorry about the resource confusion for this copper necklace! The artist provided me with this additional information:

Carole suggests, ..."call the stores as I doubt any of them have all their products listed on the web sites.  Jay's number is 520-323-1123.

The disk beads from Aylas are actually silver plated brass and I bought them from Dan Starkey ( dans@aylasoriginals.com ) who sells for Ayla's at shows in the Midwest. 

There is a store called Jay's Indian Arts in Flagstaff which was bought out by Thunderbird Supply.  They might possibly have the round copper beads if they haven't changed the product mix in the store.  The store in Flag and the one in Tucson were owned by members of the same family and they sold one store.  I haven't been in the Flag store in 3 years so I have no idea what they have anymore.  Copper is so hot right now that I would think it would be easy to find round copper beads on the web.

The three hole spacers came from Glass Garden Beads in Northfield, MN.  Ask for Cathy at 507-645-0301...."

Please be sure to email me personally should any one find better sources for these beads. My own surfing has not yet turned up exact dupes of these 3-hole or 3-strand spacers, but there are variations out there. Good luck! sbsbeads@interweave.com

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS