Buying Wholesale Beads

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 4
thesiskiss wrote
on Aug 18, 2014 7:59 AM

Hi there!!
My sis and I have a new business, The Sis Kiss, and we make wire wrapped beaded bracelets! We are running around town always trying to get the best deals on beads.

Any tips, advice? Best wholesale websites???
Any help would be great!
Thanks,

Megan

The Sis Kiss  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 584
shanks wrote
on Aug 18, 2014 10:47 AM

It does not sound like you have done much research on your own. Most retailers do not like to share their sources, it takes a long time to find the good companies to do business with. You have to contact the companies and ask if they sell Wholesale and what it takes to business with them. Most will require a copy of your business lic.  Lots of work ahead for you.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on Sep 15, 2014 12:16 AM

I think that it's silly (to a degree) for retailers to be so top secret reluctant to share even one of their suppliers names. I understand competition and all that but most suppliers supply lots of different businesses and the secretness of it all just befuddles me a little.

In most states you will need a minimum of a resale license. This is not the same as a business license. Most cities/counties/states also require you to have a business license as well. 

I encourage you to find online sources. There are MANY bead supply wholesalers online. It could probably be a very good starting point. I know the owners of my favorite bead store actually go to their suppliers and look at the beads in person before purchasing. They do 2-3 purchasing trips a year. But they have been around for awhile and their shop gets pretty good business

Just google wholesale bead suppliers and initiate contact. Different wholesalers have different purchasing minimums. For some the minimum could be $100. for others $1000. 

Goodluck! I wish you much success :)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS