A beaded bracelet - aftermath of a typhoon

This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Unica wrote
on Jul 22, 2014 11:37 AM

Hey guys :) I'm glad my life is back to normal again LOL. My town just experienced a typhoon last week, signal #3. We had no electricity and water for 4 days. The wind was so scary and strong that it destroyed the roof on my backyard, causing the rain, water to flow inside the kitchen through the door. It took me 2 hours continuously mopping the floor as the typhoon was passing by so that the water will not go further to the living room. Whew...glad everything still turned out to be okay. Without electricity for 4 days, I was so bored so I tried to make my day productive and this was the aftermath of the typhoon - a beaded bracelet :) I was suppose to name it Glenda, following the name of the typhoon but I think Ebony & Ivory bracelet is nicer.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 235
KathyK1999 wrote
on Jul 22, 2014 12:04 PM

A lovely bracelet, but a very scary situation!

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 291
Sharon Mc wrote
on Jul 23, 2014 2:52 AM

I love the bracelet, not sure I would be able to focus on beadweaving such a lovely thing during the aftermath of a typhoon. I once stuck it out in a hurricane when the town was evacuated (my husband couldn't leave as he was an important hospital employee and I refused to leave without him). My 5 dogs and I huddled under a blanket while the storm ravaged, houses on either side got ripped from their foundations and trees fell on our house. We lost electricity for a week, but we had a generator and the hospital fed us. There is no way I could have focused on making such an intricate and interesting piece with everything else going on. My hat is off to you.

Sharon Mc

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Jul 24, 2014 4:25 AM

I'm so glad you're all right.  That sounds pretty scary to me.  I've survived hurricanes, tornadoes, and blizzards so I can relate.  Your bracelet is very beautiful. No, I wouldn't have named it after any stupid ol' hurricane(typhoon, whatever anybody wants to call the nasty things), either. Ebony and Ivory is very pretty.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 156
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Aug 26, 2014 4:38 AM

I really like your bracelet:)  Very intricate.

I'm glad your doing well after all that:)  My family & I recently experienced our first hurricane.  It was the 7th of this month.  We were out of power until the19thCrying  Fortunately we don't have any damage to our house.  By the grace of God the trees hanging over our roof on a big rock wall didn't fall down.  Whew!

~Grace~

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 291
Sharon Mc wrote
on Sep 2, 2014 1:49 AM

xXfantasyXx:

I really like your bracelet:)  Very intricate.

I'm glad your doing well after all that:)  My family & I recently experienced our first hurricane.  It was the 7th of this month.  We were out of power until the19thCrying  Fortunately we don't have any damage to our house.  By the grace of God the trees hanging over our roof on a big rock wall didn't fall down.  Whew!

~Grace~

Wow!! That is a long time to go without electricity! I hope you had the benefit of a generator as we did after hurricane Rita.

Sharon Mc

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 156
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Sep 8, 2014 3:29 AM

Fortunately our neighbor had just gotten a generator and let us hook our freezer up to it.  He would also bring us ice for our fridge.  He's been really sweet.  There were so many nice people going around helping each other out, I was amazed.

~Grace~

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 151
on Sep 14, 2014 11:20 AM

That must have been very scary. Glad everything is ok. Your bracelet is lovely.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS