cubic raw bracelet

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Unica wrote
on May 4, 2014 9:48 PM

Tried on cubic raw. The blue bracelet looks okay but the green bracelet, looks like it's starting to twist as i added the saffron beads. I wonder why... I had to constantly untwist and like stretch it a bit to align the saffron beads.

Cheers!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on May 5, 2014 9:44 AM
Mabey tension issues?? Both bracelets looks fabulous anyway though!!

marutibeads.com - some really cool beads..

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Unica wrote
on May 6, 2014 9:03 PM

Yes, maybe. Or the thread. I used black wildfire thread for the blue bracelet , but with the green bracelet I used wildfire crystal thread. I noticed with the crystal thread beads are kind of loose so I had to constantly pull the thread.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,502
D.M.Z wrote
on May 7, 2014 2:22 PM

Unica:

Yes, maybe. Or the thread. I used black wildfire thread for the blue bracelet , but with the green bracelet I used wildfire crystal thread. I noticed with the crystal thread beads are kind of loose so I had to constantly pull the thread.

Unica, there won't be a difference between the actual thickness of the Wildfire, maybe something as simple as a difference in the hole size in the beads? When I was asked to try out the smoke Wildfire the finish was a dark paint-like coating on top of the crystal line, so maybe that acts like a beeswax coating or something like that.  I like the green bracelet even though it caused you more work............wowser, my kinda color scheme. Anyway, nice work. Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Unica wrote
on May 7, 2014 9:07 PM

Thanks for your input Donna :) Do I have to coat the crystal thread with beeswax because I did not coat it so maybe that's why I have a different feel on the thread. I also did not coat the black wildfire but it turned out okay. Oh well, try and try and again LOL Yeah, I like the green bracelet too. The colors looks fun and somebody says it looks like a caterpillar Big Smile

Cheers!

Unica

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,502
D.M.Z wrote
on May 7, 2014 9:33 PM

Unica, if I had started having the trouble with twisting or even loose tension......I probably would have stopped right there and beeswaxed a yard or so of the thread I was working with to see if that helped. A caterpillar .......huh, maybe that's why I was drawn to it, just a pre-butterfly happening. Some of the worst caterpillars are just really cool looking, and the garden books just want you to go out and grab them and squish them.................uuuuuuugh, not me. Keep up the good work. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS