Looking for these beads!

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
JakieZZ wrote
on Mar 2, 2014 11:15 AM

Anyone know where I might find them?  It's urgent - a friend fell in love with this bag and I need to make one for her birthday. Thanks SO MUCH!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 544
shanks wrote
on Mar 2, 2014 12:35 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Very hard to tell what the beads are, 4mm glass pearls or a round clear bead with an AB finish. If you can give us a hint as to exactly what you are looking for I am sure you will find an answer.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
JakieZZ wrote
on Mar 2, 2014 1:31 PM

Thank you for your response! I'm actually looking for the whole assembly - what I assume are flat-back crystals and the metal pieces that they're sitting on.  I'd like the metal parts to be at least 11mm.  I'm new to all this - are those beadcaps?  The metal part I mean? 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 73
AlexiaFF wrote
on Mar 2, 2014 3:41 PM

These are filigree flower connectors with rhinestones. They are put together with jump rings. 

Objectsandelements have some flower connectors in an antique silver called Baby's Breath filigree flower. The center has a place for a small flatback to be placed. If you like them, you could call them to see what size of flatback would fit the center.

under Jewelry Supplies - Filigree, 4th pic down on page.

The purse looks to be Vintage. Good luck. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Mar 3, 2014 9:21 AM

Really nice looking purse! It looks like it's going to take a lot of work putting all of those together!! Good luck!! 

marutibeads.com - some really cool beads..

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
Claudette48 wrote
on Mar 4, 2014 11:12 PM

I don't think it would be difficult, if you kept the size down.  The filigree is just connected with jump rings with lots of chain at the top and bottom.  Something you could do while watching a long movie.  What it appears to me more than anything else is if you can find the parts, even if you keep it small like an evening bag the cost will be prohibitive, unless cost is not a factor.

What you might do is just make it a very tiny accessory bag, more for looks, maybe a little money and a lipstick.  Lock the big girl purse in the glove compartment in case you need a driver's license, etc.

Good luck.  Being creative and artistic is always fun.

Claudette

Tip: To stop metal findings from tarnishing store in a ZIP Lock bag with a chunk of chalk.

amagnetaday

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Mar 7, 2014 12:36 PM

I think a small clutch would be really cute!! Correct me if I'm wrong, a larger bag may get really heavy by the end of the project. Post a pic when your done so we can see what it looks like!!

marutibeads.com - some really cool beads..

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Mar 21, 2014 2:52 AM

I have never seen such a unique &  gorgeous bag

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS