Beadwork Magazine

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 11
KatBlue60 wrote
on Feb 11, 2014 1:09 PM

Whoopee!  Beadwork Magazine Just Arrived!

Wow, look at all the great projects.  I think I'll do this one!  Okay I've looked at every beadshop on the internet to find the supplies used in the project.  It took 3 days to find them.  Now I have to place the orders for the supplies at 3 different internet shops and because they're divided into 3 shops I end up paying shipping on all 3 orders.

That's when I realize that I never should have subscribed to Beadwork.  I used to buy single issues at the store, same problem.  What's the point? Sometimes I have to scrap the project altogether because I can't find all the supplies.  I've complained about this before.  Why can you not list where to get the findings for the project.? It is so frustrating.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Feb 13, 2014 7:08 PM

Hello KatBlue60-

I too love the Beadwork magazine, and also have the trouble finding all of the supplies. I understand your frustration, and have had problems myself ordering beads that I thought were the same, but found that they didn't match at all. For me it is easier to pick out similar shape and styles of beads that I love, in the colors I want and follow the pattern. This way you have that beautiful necklace/earrings/bracelet in the magazine, with your own personal spin on it. Then it is something unique just for you that no one else has!

marutibeads.com - some really cool beads..

Not Ranked
Posts 2
suescowden01 wrote
on Mar 8, 2014 8:51 AM

I have the same frustration. What also bothers me is in the pictures they will show a bracelet in two or three different color patterns but only give the names of the colors and beads used for one of the bracelets.  This is so frustrating because it never fails that the one I like and want to make is not the one featured.  I wish Beadwork would update their directions where if they show more than one color scheme of a project they would list all the colors used and where to get them. Bead and Button does this for their projects so it is possible.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 26
on May 5, 2014 1:10 PM

I had the same frustration as well but the advice from Mrs.BeadyLady did the job for me. Now I get all the jewellery of my choice in the magazine. Thanks for such valuable tip Mrs.BeadyLady! Really appreciate it.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on May 6, 2014 10:54 AM

No problem!! Glad to help! Smile

marutibeads.com - some really cool beads..

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS